Chapter 93

Please make sure to point out any mistakes. Happy reading <3

Aurora's POV:

It's been a few days since Tristan's unexpected return. Some things changed, others remained exactly the same.

I had woken up to an empty bed as always as Tristan is currently residing in another room. It still feels surreal, him being back. I haven't quite accommodated to his unexpected return. But I have to admit I'm not as unhappy as I used to be.

Tristan hadn't left the house since he'd gotten back. I'd wake up later than him and find breakfast set at the table. Eric was fed and changed by the time I did so I really didn't have anything much to do than just rest and overthink.

My mind trails off to that night he came back. When I was crying and he comforted me. I felt horrible for pushing him away but he persisted and cleared some things up. Emphasis on the 'some'.

But what did he mean when he said he was handling a personal matter?

Since that night, he's given me my space but I wanted so badly to talk to him. However my uneasiness prevented me from doing so. I grieved him, for months. I tried so hard to come to terms with his passing and I pushed myself over the edge. I lost myself in the process.

How am I supposed to recover from that? It would take much more than a few days to me to get used to this new arrangement again.

But I can't help but dwell on how he was able to comfort me despite the circumstances. For the first time in forever, my cries didn't go unheard, they were gently soothed and kindly quieted down by him.

That made my heart skip a beat. I've missed him so much and he's always been the one person capable of bringing me solace.

Yet, in some way, he feels like a stranger to me now. I am unaware of what motives guided his actions. Not to mention, I'm still being kept in the dark about his whereabouts and activities during his absence.

I lazily push myself out of bed, feeling the heaviness of my body dragging me down. This baby is much heavier than Eric ever was, so much that it's weighing me down and I struggle to move most of the time.

I pick up Eric and take him downstairs so we can have breakfast. As I do, a familiar face greets me at the entrance. "Elijah." I gasp, startled by his presence. "Hi, there." He greets, walking over towards me and Eric.

"Hey, buddy. How's it going?" He smiles, lightly pinching Eric's cheek. Now focused on Elijah, I grab my baby and place him down on his chair.

"I'm here to pick up Eric for Tristan." He tells me and my face folds up in a frown. I can't help it. I don't know what's wrong with me but every time Tristan crosses my mind, I'm instantly upset.

"Why?" I squint my eyes at him as I cross my arms over my chest. Tristan hadn't told me he wanted to Eric today, especially at his work. Then again, we'd need to have an actual human conversation for him to be able to inform me.

"Beats me. I'm just following orders." He shrugs. " He said he wants to take him for the day." He informs me and I nod, knitting my brows. This would be the first time Tristan has gone out somewhere since he came back.

"I'm assuming you're still not talking to him." Elijah pokes, raising his brows at me. I stay silent and shrug my shoulders in response.

"Look, Aurora." Elijah sighs. "I'm not going to tell you that I understand how you feel. Because I don't. I don't have a clue about how stressed you must've been. I know I was with you a lot of times but I didn't know you were pregnant." He tells me but I can't help but be angry because I know how this conversation is going to be. He's going to take Tristan's side, just like everybody else is.