Chapter 81

Aurora's POV:

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of Tristan bathing Eric, the sound of Eric's laughing can be heard all the way from over here.

I sigh, getting up from the bed. I have a banging headache and I can't stop thinking about Stella. I hate this. I should be spending time with my family, instead I'm hiding this huge secret and I'm worried about my best friend's well being.

I go into the closet, opening one of the drawers and looking for something to wear for the day, as I do, I hear Tristan's footsteps behind me.

"Aurora." He walks in, standing behind me as I open my drawer. "What's wrong?" He asks, not even taking a look at me to know I'm worried. At this point, it's as if he can sense it.

"I know there's something." He probes, as I just stay silent. I hate not telling him but it's really not my place to say. I trust Stella and I know she will do what's good for her.

"Look at me." He orders, making me turn around but I keep my head down as I don't want to face him. He places his hand on the side of my face and tilts my head up.

"You can tell me, I can help." He reassures me but there's nothing he can do to help me with this.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired." I shrug, fumbling with my fingers.

"Why don't you take the day off then?" He suggests. "I'm working from home, I'll stay with Eric." He tempts me. Honestly, that sounds really nice because I really want to go see Stella.

"Are you sure?" I ask him and he nods. "I'll call the driver. He'll take you wherever you want to go." He tells me and I smile.

"Thank you." I say, wrapping my arms around him and hugging him tightly. He places a lingering kiss on the top of my head.

Tristan's POV:

I hold Eric in my arms as I watch Aurora kiss all over him. I look over at the driver who's waiting for her in the car to take her where she wants to go. But she's been saying goodbye to Eric for over ten minutes now.

I don't want my son to grow up with only memories of his mom. And I don't want her to feel like she has to do all the work. I do what I can to help but it's hard with my schedule. Nevertheless, I don't want to be the type of father that's always busy with work. And I don't want Aurora to feel like that either.

She's been working tremendously hard, taking care of him. She needs time to herself. I want her to do whatever she wants. As long as it makes her feel better, I'm a happy man.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" She asks, pouting as her hand go over Eric's hand.

"We'll be fine, Aurora. Just go." I assure her to which she hesitates.

"And you know where his bottle is?" She asks and I nod. " I do."

"And his favourite teddy bear?" She asks again and I sigh. Fuck, she's really overprotective of him. She never leaves anywhere without him and that needs to change.

"Aurora. I got it." I reassure her once again to which to looks up at me with a pout on her face.

"Maybe I should stay."

"Aurora, you need to go, I'll call you to check in." I promise her to which she sighs and nods.

"Okay." She says, still hesitant. "Goodbye, baby, I love you." She mutters in a soft voice, planting a kiss on Eric's forehead. "Bye." She says, looking up at me. She pushes her lips against mine for a bit before she pulls away.

"The driver will escort you and help you. Call me if you need anything." I remind her and she vigorously nods.

I'm kind of worried. I always am when it comes to her safety. She usually never goes anywhere without me. She rarely wants to but I wouldn't put anyone on the job of guarding her if I didn't know they're fully qualified and trustworthy. She'll be fine.