Chapter 39

HIYA. I busted outta my grave to publish this. Enjoy, queens💞🙂

Aurora's POV:

I stood in the walk in closet, setting down the fresh clothes I just got out of the dryer. I have been doing house work all day and I'm tired. But I don't mind, it's better than sitting around, doing nothing.

"Aurora, do me a favor and help me with these." I hear Tristan shout from the room as I continue to fold the clean clothes.

He walks in and stands behind. I turn to him, realizing that he wants me to help him with his bandages. I take the kit from him and set it beside me.

My eyes go to his toned upper body as his chest heaves up and down. He doesn't say anything but stare down at me.

Tristan towers over me as I take a moment to survey his body. He must've lived in the gym to obtain a body like this.

With slight hesitance, I slowly graze my finger over his abs, feeling his muscles. I look at bullet hole he has because of me and stop, worried that even the slightest touch will hurt him.

I can feel tears forming in the brim of my eye but I try my best to hold them back.

"Aurora." The sound of my own name taking me by surprise. He rarely says my name. He only ever calls me 'angel' or 'baby'.

I look up to him and he frowns, watching the tear roll down my cheek. I sniffle and wipe it down with the back of my hand.

"What's wrong?" He questions, his voice stern. But I don't answer. It's already embarrassing enough that I'm crying over the sight of his wound.

"Shit, you know I hate seeing you cry. Just tell me." He sighs out in frustration and I gulp.

"You...you got shot because of me. " I mutter, feeling more and more guilty.

He tuts, shaking his head and latching on to my jaw."That's not how I see it. I got shot for you. Now I don't have a problem with that and you shouldn't either, do you hear me?" He states, a serious look plastered on his handsome features as I look up at him through my lashes.

"I'm okay and most importantly you're okay. There's nothing for you to worry about, hm?" He raises his brows while all I do is blink.

Instead of nodding at him or thanking him for reassuring me, I simply step closer, placing my hand on his chest to keep me steady.

I feel bad for everything I did to him. I couldn't trust him at first. My experience with men was a bad one. And the fact that he's a mafia boss, that was a red flag. But I really like him now. My feelings for him are strong. As strong as they ever were.

It's like I had forgotten how we met, how he used to treat me and how toxic our relationship is. I shunned all those thoughts away.

I stand on my tip toes and watch him as he licks his lips and looks at mine. I gently press my redenned lips against his and soothe my hand on his unshaven stubble.

I attempt to finally pull away to gasp for air but he pushes me back against his face, hoisting me up and carrying me over to the couch, letting out a hoarse grunt in the process.

He lays me down on the bed and gets between my legs. He then starts to kiss on my lips, then moving down to my neck.

He rolls off me and opens the bedside drawer, pulling out a condom then staring down at me. Does he want to have sex again? I think he's forgetting that his family is still here in their rooms.