Chapter 65

I'm a bit rusty so please let me know if there are any mistakes. Thank you and enjoy❤

Tristan's POV:

Waking up to the sound of the alarm, I turn to my side and turn it off. I look back to see if Aurora's awake, only to see her deep in her sleep. She was pretty worn out after last night.

I push myself out of bed and make my way towards the bathroom, and into the shower quietly and careful not to wake her up.

~~~~~~~~~~

After stepping out of the shower, I dress myself quickly. Putting on my suit then strapping on my watch against my wrist before picking up my suitcase and walking out. But not before I say goodbye to Aurora. I don't want to wake her but I want to give her a kiss goodbye before I go.

I go over towards the bed, leaning in and placing a kiss on her forehead as she continues to sleep. I'll miss watching her so I'm trying to get as much of her as I can. But I'd rather not wake her up either.

Before I step out, I turn to her, watching her peacefully breathe in and out while curled up under the sheets.

I have to admit that I'm a bit worried, leaving her. I've never been away from her for a period of time longer than a few days. And with the way things are going at the company at the moment, I might be even longer than a week.

I twist my face in a frown as I continue to look over her face, taking in how innocent she looks. I hate to think that something might happen to her and our baby whilst I'm gone. Who's going to help her down the stairs? Who's going to help her into the bath? Make sure she eats well? Who's going to look after her as closely as I do? All these thoughts circulate through my head but I shake them off.

I look away from her and start making my way towards the door. Then suddenly, my phone starts ringing but I'm quick to answer, putting it against my ear and talking quietly. "What is it?"

"Mr Black, the jet is ready for you." My pilot's voice, on the other end, says.

"I'm on my way." I reply before hanging up and placing my phone back in my pocket before making my way out of the room.

"Tristan?" I hear her soft voice behind me, making me turn to her as she moves around tiredly on the bed.

I drop my suitcase and walk over to her side of the bed, crouching down and running my hand through her hair.

"I'm here." I whisper as she turns to her other side to face me. "Go back to sleep." I say, laying her back down on the bed and she does so, placing her head on the pillow.

"Are you leaving right now?" She mutters, struggling to keep her eyes open.

"I am." I nod, dragging my hands down her stomach. "I'll call you as soon as I land." I assure her as she looks down at me with sleepy eyes.

"Is your assistant going with you?" She shyly asks, almost hesitating to do so.

"No, baby. She's not going." I chuckle, finding it amusing that she's still asking me about her.

She has no need to worry, I have no interest in any woman other than her. She should know that by now.

"Okay." She mutters, giving me a smile. "Good luck with everything." She smiles, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you, angel." I hum, placing a kiss on her cheek as I stroke her hair. "You both take care of yourselves, yeah?" I say, kissing her belly then dragging my hand across.