Chapter 25

Enjoy💕💕 Comment if you want to make my day😊😊

Aurora's POV:

I layed in my nightie alone in the empty mansion. Not a sound was to be heard. The silence can be chilling at night. Especially since I'm alone, secluded from town.

It's currently three in the morning and I laid sleepless in discomfort. For some reason, I was worried. Tristan had told me that he would be back in a few hours but he hasn't. He hasn't even called and I don't know what's happening. For all I know, he can be injured or even worse. This lifestyle is dangerous to a simple gangster. Let alone a powerful mafia leader or "the boss of all bosses" as they call him.

I'm so tired yet I can't find sleep. I'm so worried something bad might happen to him. I wish I can call someone but I only have his mother and sister's number. And if I call them, they're going to get worried.

Why am too anxious about this? Because he's your husband. But he- Shush, he's still your husband.

We don't exactly have a healthy marriage but I'm bound to share my life with him. No matter how possessive and obssessive he can be.

Still in my lace nightie, I walk out of the room and make my way downstairs, pacing downt the dark, dim lighted corridor to the stairs. It's so big and vast in here that I can't help but feel like someone's going to break in. But Tristan locked me in so there's no way that can happen.

Now that I think about it, there's no way to get out too. Like what if there's an emergency and I need to leave the house. What if there's a fire? How am I supposed to exit?

Shunning those random ideas away, I go into the kitchen to get a drink. Maybe that would calm my nerves. Water will do.

I look around through the glass walls through the trees and garden outside. It looks so dark and scary. I run back upstairs and sit on the edge of the bed. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, it's like all my paranoia and fears are kicking in. I'm panicking, my breathing is heavy and I can't switch my brain off. I used to have panic attacks all the time when my mom died. But I thought I was past that phase. So why is it happening all over again.

I open the window and take a deep inhale, holding onto my necklace as if to remind me that my mom is still here. There's no need to panic, Mom's still here with me. She'll always be. That thought makes me feel so serene and relaxed, I wipe the saline tears that damped by flushed cheek and get into the bed, going under the covers and suffocating myself with the sheet.

Sometime during the night, I hear foosteps nearing in closer and closer. I flutter my eyes open and sit up on the bed, rubbing my eyes and flinging my hair down my back flimsily.

The light switches on and I squint my eyes, the change of luminosity burning them. I adjust to the light and blink my eyes to see Tristan stood at the door, his hooded orbs murderous as ever. Unusually, he's wearing a black shirt that tightened around his muscles, black jeans and black combat boots. He had an earpiece on and a black bulletproof vest on top of his shirt. He looks murderous, straight out of an action movie. I've only ever seen him in expensive suits so this is really peculiar to me.

He kept his attention on his watch as he strides in with a focused frown on his face. "We'll move again tomorrow. For now, send word out about the operation. And take the hostages to the basement." He orders into his earpiece and starts peeling off the bulletproof vest. My thoughts weren't too far off. He could have been killed tonight. And that thought is unsettling.