Chapter 42

As promised, I got another chapter done for you. Enjoy💞

Also, happy Eid if you're a muslim reading this😊💓

Tristan's POV:

It's been over two weeks. Two weeks since she's talked to me. Two weeks without sleeping next to her and holding her against me. Two weeks without kissing her, touching her.

It's been two weeks and I'm losing my fucking shit.

She hasn't spoken a word nor even glanced at my direction. Despite my countless attempts of asking her to forgive me, she still hasn't.

I never saw her being this dismissive towards me. It's because she always forgave me and looked the other way whenever I hurt her. But shit, that's the complete opposite of what she's doing right now.

Only the sound of the water running and plates clinging was heard. I walk into the kitchen to find her there, washing the dishes.

I walk over and stand behind her, my breath fanning against her skin. Fuck, I missed the feel of her.

She turns her head to the side then turns her face back and resumes what she's doing.

I clear my throat then start. "I wanted to let you know that I've let Liam go. He said goodbye to you." I inform her. She's been wanting me to spare him so I did. At this point, I'll do anything if it means she'll talk to me again.

There's a rule that whoever takes a vow to serve me will do so till they die or get killed. But for the first time, I spared someone and let them go. I'm totally bending the rules for her but I don't even mind. I just want her to forgive me already.

"Tell me. Tell me what else I can do." I say, leaning in and giving her shoulder a kiss then nuzzling my face in her neck to which she flinches and moves away.

"Fuck, I said I'm sorry. Just let me make it up to you." I sigh out in frustration. I'm trying so fucking hard not to lose my temper right now.

"Look at me." Gripping on her shoulder and turning her around but she doesn't do so.

"Forgive me." I whisper against her skin, my voice low and raspy.

She places the plate down and takes a deep breath."Please stop hurting people because of me. And stop treating me like I'm a bad person." She says in a low voice.

In my head, she was the best person I know. I just never make it known.

"Fuck, Aurora. You're not a bad person." I tell her. She's far from being a bad person. She's never done a single bad deed in her life.

"Why did you say those hurtful things to me?" She mutters, her voice cracking.

"You have to understand that my cousin had different intentions than you." I explain and she lets out a heavy breath.

"Exactly. I had no bad intentions whatsoever. Yet, I'm the one you're always so quick to pick a fight with." She mumbles softly yet a little agressively.

Just the tone of her voice, it does something to me. My chest tightens at the sight of how hurt she is. Yet no matter how many times I say I won't hurt her anymore, I do. I do and I fucking hate it.

I hear her sniffle. Fuck, there's no need for crying. If I knew she would take my words to heart, if I knew they would hurt her this much, I would've never opened my goddamn mouth.

"Please just leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you." She whispers so softly, still with her back to me.

I sigh, knowing fully well that I'm in the wrong. "I fucked up. I know that now. What can I do?"