Chapter 75

Aurora's POV:

"Hi, beautiful baby." I blubber, picking him up from his crib. He just woke up from his nap and he looks adorable. I miss him when he's asleep. I just want to cuddle him all day long.

"Is he awake?" Tristan asks from behind me, as I rock Eric in my arms whilst nodding. Tristan takes him from me, supporting his head then walking away with him. He places kisses all over his little face as I watch them with a smile.

Tristan's an amazing father. He's a natural. I know he's never dealt with babies before, as he told me. But he's doing a great job. And he loves Eric so much. He takes care of him with the best of his ability. It makes me so happy when I see them together, he's so gentle with him.

I always thought that I'd be the one taking care of Eric full time. Because I know that with Tristan's social status, comes major responsibility. Yet he's just like any other good father and that makes my heart warm.

"I've got him." He reassures me as I nod. That means he's going to shower him and change him while I go get some things in order downstairs. Tristan's family is coming over today to visit us after a while.

It's been very stormy lately and it's expected to get worse. Everyone's advised to stay home for the next couple of days because of heavy winds and rain. So we figured it would be best if they stayed with us, that way we can be safe together. Besides, they haven't seen Eric in a while.

After dressing myself, I make my way towards the guest bedrooms as I need to prepare them. I adjust the temperature, change the pillowcases, cover the bed with warm sheets and place blankets in every room considering they might get cold.

I feel more tired than usual today. Eric has been waking up more during the night than usual because of the storming. I tried everything to calm him down and so did Tristan. We were basically up all night with him.

After about an hour, Tristan's family finally arrived. The weather isn't too bad right now but it's expected to get really dangerous tonight. I'm glad they made it without any harm.

I led them into the main living room, where I placed Eric in his bassinet so they can see him as they tried to catch me up on everything.

As soon as we enter the living room, the attention was completely taken off me as they divert their focus towards Eric. Thankfully, he's awake and they can see him.

"Oh my goodness, he's gotten so big." Dianne chirps as she leans in to give him a kiss as Mr Black swipes his thumb over Eric's face. "He looks exactly like Tristan when he was little, don't you think?" Dianne asks, turning to Tristan's dad as he nods towards her.

I actually do see it. As Eric grows more, he reminds me of Tristan a lot. I'm hoping as he grows up, he can look a little like me but I guess time will tell.

"Can I hold him?" Isaac asks, turning to me as I nod. I walk over towards them and lean down to lift him up, securing his head as I hand him over to Isaac.

"Woah, what have you been feeding this kid?" He grunts as he holds him up, securing him in his arms as I laugh. He's right, the doctor said that he's feeding amazingly for his age.

"He's so chubby, it's adorable." Aylina coos, reaching for his little hand and holding it in hers as they both start talking to him in baby voices.

"So how have you been doing, darling?" She asks, her hand rubbing up and down my arm.

"I'm okay, thank you." I assure her, giving a light a smile.

"And are you taking care of yourself?" She continues with an intrigued look on her face.