Chapter 92

Don't mind me. I'm just taking advantage of my sporadic hyperactiveness before I spiral into my usual slump lol. Happy reading <3

Tristan's POV:

I take a brisk inhale as I place my feet on the familiar doormat, pressing on the bell and waiting for an answer. For the first time in my life, an undercurrent of tension wound its way through my every thought.

Emerging from the dead and finding myself nonchalantly standing at my family's doorstep doesn't exactly scream an average homecoming.

I nervously tap my foot against the floor and tense my muscles as I anticipate a response. Suddenly, the door flies open and my mother's pale and distraught face greets me. Her woeful eyes take on a new demeanor as she squints at me...

I watch as her features twist in a frown and a loud scream errupts from lungs, loud enough to shatter glass and apparently summon everyone inside the household. She collapses to the ground as she sobs while my peripheral vision catches my father running towards the door.

"Tristan!" He exclaims loudly, rushing towards me as I catch my mother just in time before she faints. He clasps me in a strong hug as my two siblings join in. Gasps and cries surge from everyone as they attempt to adjust to the reality of my unexpected return...

My mother, overcome with emotion, clings to me tightly, her tears streaming down her face. My younger brother and sister, with a mixture of disbelief and confusion, are rendered speechless.

I try to remain as composed as I am but even I have to admit this shit is heartbreaking. Watching my family, the one thing I care about most, in this state is messing with my head. The agonizing, excruciating events that I've been through these past seven months couldn't compare to the pain that fills the atmosphere in the Black Manor this moment.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a few hours, things were slowly beginning to calm down and before I knew it, I was swept into a third degree interrogation with my family requiring every meticulous detail since my departure. But I made sure to leave the crucial details out.

No one needs to know what I've been up to.

Other than that, my mother's emotions still haven't quite stabilized. "This is just unbelievable." She says. shaking her head in disbelief. "I thought I lost my sweet boy forever." She mutters, sniffling back the tears as I amusingly roll my eyes. Although, I try my best to comfort her. "They can't get rid of me that easy, mother." I reply, attempting to lighten the sordid mood.

"But they did beat the shit out of you quite a bit, huh?" Isaac jokes as his eyes scan my dishevelled attire and my bloodied arms. Not to mention, the scars that lingered on my arms and unknowingly to them, the stab wound that lined my abdomen.

"Detonated bomb." I casually reply and I watch his face drop. Tales of my falling off the face of the earth are best swept under the rug. I don't need to relive what happened to me. But quite frankly, I'm surprised I'm still alive.

"I better get going now." I announce as I painfully stand up from the couch, feeling my body giving out on me. Their confused faces urge me to answer the question that is undoubtedly running through their minds.

"I need to go see Aurora." I firmly state. Now, don't get me wrong. I am pleased to see my family and that they're doing well. But one of the reasons I came here was to shower, get a change of clothes and go home to Aurora and Eric. I've missed them both tremendously. I could've immediately showed up at her door but I didn't want to startle her with my current appearance.