Chapter 56

Aurora's POV:

The street was empty and the wind was howling as I waited for Tristan to answer his phone. The thought of walking home taking over for a moment but I soon shake it off. It's close to midnight and the house is in a very secluded area, I doubt I'll make it there without something happening to me.

I keep on trying to reach him till he finally answers. "Aurora." He says, his deep voice sending chills down my spine as he waits for me to reply.

In a way, I'm scared to talk to him. Not only am I feeling weird about what happened with Jackson earlier, but I'm also very late. I'm supposed to be back home before the night falls. Add that to the fact that he doesn't even know I'm out, he thinks I'm in the house.

I gulp to eliminate the dryness in my throat. "Please can you come pick me up?" I ask, my voice fading out as I talk.

He doesn't say anything, just steady breathing through the phone before he starts talking. "I'm on my way." He replies in an almost annoyed tone before he hangs up.

I stayed there waiting for him to arrive whilst I looked around me, observing my surroundings. I'm not going to lie, I'm constantly anxious. I always feel like I'm in danger, or that someone has it out for me and is watching me. I can't shake that feeling off.

It took a long half hour before he got here, sitting in one of his many cars. He stops the car and steps out, coming towards me.

"Are you okay?" He asks, a hard frown settled on his face. I nod, bowing my head.

"Here." He says, taking off his coat and draping it over my shoulders. He rubs my arms up and down in attempt to warm me up as I stare over his face, my eyes helplessly dropping to his lips. He connects his eyes with mine and I immediately look away, feeling heat rushing to my cheeks.

We walk to his car and he opens the door for me then shuts it after I have gotten in. He gets in next to me and breathes out, turning on the air conditioning.

He starts the car and we pull away from the orphanage, through the dark street.

I stay silent and lean my head against the window as Tristan drives, the events of tonight still playing on my mind.

"Do me a favour and stay inside at night." Tristan speaks up. "It's getting cold and I'd prefer you home safe where I can know where you are." He suggests, trying to soften his somewhat annoyed tone.

"Okay." I reply, my mind elsewhere. "I won't do it again."

We continued to drive in silence as I look out the window, watching the scenery go by. We don't have much to talk about. It's extremely awkward between us now.

I should tell him about what happened today with Jackson. I'm not one to keep secrets from him. But I'm also scared he might hurt him, he has a habit of doing that to any person who gets close to me. And I wouldn't want to imagine what he would do to a person who came onto me.

I'll probably tell him some other time. I'm not in the mood to talk right now, plus I think he's annoyed with me for being out the entire day.

He makes a stop to get dinner before heading home. Finally arriving at the house, I open my door and step out, not waiting for him to do it for me. He follows behind as I open the door and step inside.

I hear his footsteps behind me but I don't look back nor wait for him. I just make my way upstairs towards the room, immediately heading to the closet to change.

After changing, I told my hair up in a low loose ponytail before going back to the room.

My eyes land on Tristan as he takes off his suit jacket and sits on the edge of the bed where he set our plates down.