Chapter 94

Aurora's POV:

This was the first decent amount of sleep I've gotten since forever. No interruptions, no nightmares, just well-needed rest.

I turn to my side to find the usual gifts right where they always are. Ever since Tristan came back home he's been, for a lack of a better word, groveling.

And so every morning when I wake up, I find an enormous bouquet of flowers on the bedside table along with diamonds, emeralds, rubies or any other expensive stone he felt like buying me. 

And despite our reconciliation yesterday, he's yet to refrain from doing it apparently. And while I appreciate his efforts in cheering me up, the one thing that made me happiest was his return.

I stare at the beautiful arrangement of colorful flowers he'd picked out then allow myself to gently handle the luxurious looking jewelry box placed aside.

Inside sat pair of diamond earrings that would ultimately get me robbed if I ever step foot outside the house. Shaped like flowers, with oval diamonds instead of petals and gorgeously clear red rubies in the center of each one.

I smile to myself as I trace my finger along the intricate design. I don't even want to begin imagining how much this must've cost him. Along with the sapphire necklace, and the diamond bracelets, I was starting to feel overwhelmed.

Instead of my usual prolonged morning lethargy, I actually make the effort to get out of bed. Brushing my teeth and washing my face, I pull my hair up and out of my face.

I stop to look in the mirror, observing my bump with a content look. I've been dreading this baby's health for so long. But alas, my pain has subsided and their health has been confirmed.

I slightly smile to myself before I go into the nursery for my daily routine with Eric. Looking down at his crib and expecting to find his adorable face staring up at me, it's empty. I wrap my robe around myself and head towards the stairs. As I do, I hear noise coming in from Tristan's study.

I can hear Eric's blubbering from here which indicates he's with Tristan again. He's been trying his best to let me rest by taking him every morning. Since he's always up way earlier than I am.

I stand by and prepare to knock on the slightly ajar entrance. But as I do, I can hear Tristan talking to someone.

"I need you to keep eyes on them, Elijah. I need men guarding each and every one at all time." Tristan's voice comes through as I stand near the door and listen.

"Alright, I'll hold a meeting this afternoon. Which I guess you won't be attending?" Elijah replies as Eric lets out a sharp laugh.

"You're perfectly capable of managing without me, Elijah." Tristan replies in a blank tone. "I need to get some work done on the business front."

"Well well." Elijah scoffs. "Look who's back in action. You suddenly not distracted anymore?" He questions in a suggestive tone.

"I'm feeling rather productive today." Tristan replies and I can tell by the sound of his voice that he's wearing that signature smirk on his face.

"Right, well keep the door open." He jokes. "I'll leave you to it." Elijah says, standing up from his chair, making me step away but then Tristan interrupts.

"We're not done here." Tristan says in a much more serious tone, putting Elijah's footsteps to an end.

"Why were you talking to her, Elijah?" Tristan pokes as Elijah sits back down on his chair. My heart rate picks up when I realize they're talking about me. He told me yesterday he's going to address it but I feel guilty for ratting him out. I hope he doesn't get in trouble because of me.