Chapter 63

Aurora's POV:

"Aurora." Tristan's voice pulls me out of my sleep. "Are you good?" He asks, in a low tone.

"Yeah." I groggily reply, turning to my side and fluttering my eyes open.

"Did you sleep well, baby?" He asks in a soft tone, his hand rubbing on my arm, sending tingles all over.

"Yeah, I feel much better." I assure him. After a well deserved sleep, I feel like myself again.

"That's good." He hums. "My parents are here to see you." He tells me to which I attempt to sit up on the bed and rub my eyes tiredly.

"Really? When did they get here?" I ask as he helps me sit up on the bed.

"A half hour ago." He states. "I'll help you get dressed and then I'll take you down." He says, walking over to the closet, disappearing from my sight.

I grab my hair tie from the bedside table, tying my hair in a low ponytail. Soon, Tristan emerges from the closet with my clothes in his hands. "Here you go." He says, placing them on the bed.

"Thank you." I tell him, slipping my pyjama pants then my t-shirt on. I like to feel comfortable at home, especially now that I'm pregnant and constantly in some kind of discomfort.

Now all dressed, Tristan helps me down the stairs and into the living room where Dianne is sat, flipping through a magazine.

"Hello." I greet her. She looks up at me and shoots up from the couch, her smile widening at my sight. She hasn't been around in a while.

"Oh my goodness." She gasps. "Look at you. You're glowing with your pregnancy." She squeals, grasping both of my hands and taking a step back to look at me. "How have you been doing?"

"I'm doing great." I assure, holding my belly and leaning back to sit on the couch across from her. Even sitting is getting harder for me to do.

"Has Tristan been taking care of you? Because he's in for some stern talking to if he doesn't." She warns, slightly raising her voice.

That makes me giggle. "No, he's been taking great care of me actually." I tell her, a smile creeping up to my face as I do.

"And are you eating healthy?" She asks. "Tell me about the doctor's appointment. How did it go?" She keeps interrogating, bombarding me with questions. Dianne has always been of a worried nature. And while some might find it annoying, I find it endearing. She cares about me and treats me like a daughter.

"Yeah, the doctor prescribed me pre-natal vitamins. And she says that everything is fine with both of us." I assure her to which she nods with a smile.

"Oh, and I have something for you." I add, reaching into my pockets and pulling out a picture of the ultrasound. Since she wasn't at the visit, I thought I'd make it up to her.

I hand her the picture and she grabs it from me. A high gasp escapes her mouth as soon as she does, her eyes soften and start watering. "Is this...?" She chokes up, not managing to finish her sentence but I nod at her, smiling, anyways.

She wipes the tears from her eyes and calls out for Mr Black so she can show him as well and he was nothing short of excited. "Do we know what it is yet?" Mr Black asks and I nod.

"You're going to have a grandson."

"It's a boy?" She chirps cheerfully, looking up at Mr Black then back at me. I nod, placing my hands on my stomach and dragging it up and down.

"It is." I smile as I watch them. They're so happy. And honestly, I'm still just as excited as they are about the news, if not more.

"Oh, sweetheart. Thank you." She cries, walking over to me and giving me a hug. "We're so blessed to have you." She good, planting a kiss on my cheek. My cheeks heat up profusely and a feeling I can't explain takes over me. That was so nice of her to say.