Chapter 45

Hope you're all having a lovely day. If not, I hope this update can somehow help❤🙂

Aurora's POV:

I watch as Tristan's expression goes blank and his face scrunches up in a frown.

"You're not serious, are you?" He snaps, his voice so deep and his eyes widening.

"I just want to see him. He's still my dad." I state, trying to convince him. I really want to go.

"Fuck, Aurora. Don't call him that." Tristan sighs out in frustration.

He doesn't like my father. He's told me numerous times that he hates him. I mean, anyone would when they hear about what he's done. Yet somehow, the person he's abused the most is still trying to change him.

"I know he wasn't good to me but I just want to talk to him. Just once." I assure him. He probably thinks I'm so gullible for wanting to give my dad a second chance after all this time. He's not wrong.

"You understand what you're asking me, don't you?" He says, irritation clear in his deep voice as I nod shyly and look away.

"Yes, but I won't do anything." I promise him as he stares ahead with a hard frown still settled on his face. "If you don't want to, it's okay. I don't mind." I shake my head at my request. I should've known he wouldn't want to but it's fine. I don't want to argue.

He sighs and shakes his head as I watch him grit his jaw. "Get in the car." He orders, holding my hand and helping me up to my seat. He closes the door behind me and walks around to his side, getting in next to me and starting the car.

~~~~~~~~~~

The drive was a silent one and you can cut the tension with a knife. I can tell Tristan was really mad. His knuckles white as he gripped tightly onto the steering wheel, staring ahead with deep concentration.

"I'll let you see him." He sighs as he continues to drive, making me look at him confused.

"Really?"

"Mhm." He nods. "But you're not staying alone with him. I'll be in there too." He bargains.

"Okay." I vigorously nod, surprised that he complied with my request. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He hums, slowing down at a red light and still staring ahead.

After a short drive, we arrive at a deserted location. There was only one building in sight and it looked spooky and dated.

Tristan opens the door for me and I slide out of the car. He takes my hand and walks me to the entrance of the building but stops as we're about to go in.

"Are you okay?" I ask, blinking up at him as he nods with a frown.

"You need to understand that he might not look like he used to. He's pretty roughed up." He informs me and I tuck my hair behind my ear and nervously swallow. Now he's got me scared.

"I understand." I nod, shrugging my shoulders.

Tristan types in a code and scans his fingerprint on the door and it opens. He grips onto my hand and we head in.

The inside was dark, very dim-lighted. Only a few lightbulbs were on but other than that, it was pretty hard to see ahead. I think Tristan did that on purpose. Surely he could afford a well lighted place but he didn't want to provide his hostages the luxury of seeing any light.

But what do I know?

We walk past a few cells. In front of each one, stood a guard. As if this place wasn't secured enough.