Chapter 6

Hope you guys are doing okay.

Enjoy this chapter💕💕

Aurora's POV:

It's been about two weeks since I've been locked in here. I haven't seen Tristan in a while. He's been on business trips for the last week. He has called me every night to check up on me, and to see if I needed anything.

As for me, every single day here has been the same. I get up, shower, eat my breakfast, stare out the balcony once in a while, read till I fall asleep. I'm really tired of this. I'd occasionally talk to Claire but then one of the men comes to take her away, leaving me all alone again.

All the other maids avoid me, rolling their eyes and giggling whenever I walk by. It makes me really sad. I don't know what I've done to make them mad at me. In all honesty, I thought they'd sympathize with me, seeing as I'm held captive here, robbed from my freedom by a ruthless Mafia leader. I had no opportunity to escape as the mansion is always guarded. I'm starting to get really depressed in here.

I know I didn't have the perfect life, I wasn't planning to have the perfect life, but at least I had my freedom. And instead of fighting for myself, I slept in the same bed as him, I even let him kiss me. My first kiss has been taken away from me. God, I'm so pathetic. Am I really that desperate for affection? The moment someone sweet talks me, I become putty in their hands. Am I really that weak? That messed up? That stupid?

I put my palms on my face as I intoxicate myself with thoughts, sitting on the ottoman. My mind wanders off to that day, where he layed me on the bed and covered me with kisses. Why would he do that? What would he get out of it? Why me?

Funny thing is I wasn't disgusted when he touched me. I liked it and my body reacted differently. I shivered when his lips came in contact with my skin, and the way he stared at me. No one ever looked at me like that but that doesn't mean I like him. He kills people for God's sake. I'm always going to be in danger if I stay here.

A knock on the door shakes me up from my contemplation. I wonder who it is.

"Miss?" I hear a man's voice on the other side of the door.

"You can come in." I state. With that, the door opens revealing Jonas, one of Tristan's men.

"Afternoon, miss." He greets and I smile lightly at him. "Good afternoon, Jonas. Please call me Aurora." I state and he nods.

"Is something wrong?" I question and he shakes his head.

"Boss wanted me to inform you that he's arriving this evening. And he would like to take you out for dinner." He informs me and I look up at him. Why does Tristan want to take me out?

"He also wanted me to give you this." He hands me a brown shopping bag and says "He says to be ready by 8." I nod at him. "Thank you." I thank him and he nods his head, then makes his way out of the room.

Looking at the bag, I open it and look inside, pulling out a beautiful knee length dress. I'm not the kind of girl that falls in love with clothes but I couldn't stop looking at it. It was a gorgeous light pink colour, almost violet. It was metallic looking, it was very simple and not too glamorous, which is why I liked it. There was also a pair of silver heels that complimented the dress perfectly.

I look at the clock and it's 6 PM right now so I still have time to kill. Maybe I can go downstairs to see Claire. She can help me get ready for tonight later.

I walk into the kitchen and the maids are sat in the stools talking. I stand there rubbing my arms awkwardly hoping they'd notice me.

I clear my throat and they all immediately turn their heads at me. There were four of them, well three if you excluded Claire, who smiles at me while the other just look me up and down with an annoyed expression on their faces.