Chapter 9

Enjoy, guys💕😙

Aurora's POV:

I'm sat in the garden with Tristan's mother, talking as we wait for lunch. I'm being extremely awkward and I can tell she's picking up on it.

"So, I was thinking that we can go shopping together when Aylina gets here." She excitingly suggests.

Who?

"Who's Aylina?" I politely ask.

"Oh, my daughter, Isaac's twin sister. She'll be taking a vacation so she can be present for the engagement party, the wedding. I got a feeling she'll love you." She rambles on, playfully nudging my arm, I just nod at her.

I'm very socially awkward and I have no idea how to make conversation of any kind, I'm crossing my fingers, hoping I don't say or do something embarassing.

"So, tell me about yourself. Your family." She asks, crossing her legs and leaning back on the chair.

I gulp.

I don't know what to say to her. I don't like talking about my family. It's always a very sensitive subject to touch up on.

"I- My mom passed away when I was 9. And my dad, he...uh. I don't live with him anymore." I manage to say as I look at her uncomfortably. She softens her eyes and grabs my hand.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry for your loss. You're a very strong young woman and I admire that." She says in a soft tone as she smiles at me. I smile back.

"T-Thank you."

"I got to say I didn't think my son would find such a charming, polite lady such as yourself." She compliments as I blush. "You're quite different from girls your age, very mature too. Most girls are all about parties and getting into trouble." She adds, rolling her eyes.

I guess she really does have an old fashioned mentality. Expecting girls to always be poised and perfect, staying at home.

But to be honest, I don't mind staying at home and not going to parties. Quite frankly, I find it rather comforting after experiencing what it's like in the streets. I guess I never was a party kind of girl. But I'm not against girls who are.

"You'll make a great wife for him. And he'll take care of you no matter what." She cups my cheek and smiles at me.

We spent the next couple of hours chatting. She went through all the topics I can think of. Suprisingly, she was very easy to talk to and she didn't judge me at all. I found that very comforting so I just started to be more myself around her. I even made her laugh.

She asked me about my relationship with Tristan and what I likef about him. I had to use my imagination for that one.

Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position. I always thought that by some miracle, I'll meet someone who I connect with, a soulmate. Then we'd embark on our journey together and spend the rest of our lives together. But now, there's no way out of this, he'll always find me. And if I run, he'll kill my friends.

Deep in conversation, we're interrupted by Tristan who strides in wearing a navy blue suit. He looks handsome but I still hate him.

"Mother, Aurora." He greets, his eyes landing on me to which I turn my head to the side.

"Are you and your father done with business?" She asks and he nods.

"Still a few things to sort out but yeah. You two seem to be getting along quite well." He states, not taking his eyes off me.

Would he stop staring at me? It's making me nervous.

"And why wouldn't we be? We're soon to be a family." She giggles, looking up at him and then at me as my face drops.