Chapter 95

Please point out any mistakes if you can. And I would appreciate it if you comment down your thoughts and feedback. Happy reading <3

A week later:

Aurora's POV:

"Are we going directly to the clinic?" I ask, looking over at Tristan as he turns the steering wheel, making a right turn.

"We're making a stop at my parents' first." He casually states, slowing down at a red light. "Why, have you changed your mind?"

It was my idea to visit them actually. I'd requested him to drive me there soon and he was happy to comply. Now that we have the doctor's appointment, it might be the perfect opportunity to do so. There's no point in dragging it out any further. I'll have to see them eventually.

"No. It's not that. I just still feel a bit bad for what I did." I sheepishly admit, nervously tapping my foot.

"Baby, I keep telling you. You haven't done anything wrong. No one is holding it against you." He reassures me, pressing his hand on my thigh to stop my leg from bouncing while keeping the hand on the steering wheel.

I nod to myself, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and looking back at Eric as he kicks his feet. We eventually stop at the house and ring the bell. Soon enough, Dianne's cheerful face greets us as we step inside.

Her eyes immediately land on me and her face beams in a huge smile. "My beautiful darling." She smiles, pulling me into her embrace and I can't help but reciprocate her hug tightly, startling her.

"Oh, I've missed you." She hums, her hand gently rubbing up and down my back.

"I'm so sorry." I mumble, getting emotional. Dianne and I have grown really close over the years. I genuinely enjoy her company.

"You have nothing to apologize for, dear." She tells me. "As long as you're safe and well."

"I've missed you so much." I mutter, leaning into her as she chuckles.

"Me as well, sweetheart." She replies as I break our hug. She grasps me by both hands so she can take a better look at me. "How are you feeling with your pregnancy?"

"I'm alright." I say, smiling down at my huge belly and placing my hand on top. "Thank you."

"You have no idea how excited I am, dear." She chirps before she diverts her gaze towards Tristan. "And is that little Eric?" She gasps as Tristan hands him over to her. "Look how big he's gotten!" She blubbers, reaching over and holding him tight in her embrace.

Dianne is the closest I'll ever get to having a mother. Along with Mrs Harrison, she's always treated me with kindness and unconditional love.

She cradles Eric in her embrace before she turns to us. "Are you staying for lunch?" She asks and Tristan shakes his head, looking down at his watch.

"We have a doctor's appointment in half an hour." He informs her to which she frowns and turns to me.

"Everything's okay. It's just a follow-up on the state of the baby." She nods at my words of reassurance.

"Alright then, just leave my grandson and go about your day." I furrow my brows and look over to Tristan.

"Mother, I'm afraid that's not-" He starts then gets abruptly interrupted by Dianne.

"I haven't seen him in almost a year." She pokes, her tone saddening. "Your father will be here in an hour and I want us to spend some time with our only grandchild. Besides, you have to come back and have lunch with us eitherways. Isaac and Aylina will be joining us as well."