Chapter 30

Not proud of this, but enjoy💕💕

Aurora's POV:

My eyes blink open and I squint when the strong luminous rays of sunshine light up the room.

I rub my eyelids and stretch out. I can't believe I slept all night without waking up during the night. I didn't even hear Tristan come in.

Looking to my left, I notice the side is empty. Did Tristan even come in last night? If not, where is he? If so, where is he?

I sit up on the bed and stretch out, blinking my eyes. I just want to get this day over with.

All of a sudden, Claire walks into the room with a beaming smile on her face and a tray im her hands.

"Good morning, Aurora." She chirps, making her way over and placing said tray in my lap.

"Morning, Claire. What is this?"

"Mr Black requested you have breakfast in bed." She informs me, giving me a toothy smile. So he did come back last night. I'm guessing he's downstairs. But I usually have my breakfast downstairs so what gives?

"Thank you. Why did he tell you to do that exactly?" I ask sheepishly, trying to prove my own assumptions wrong.

"Because it's your birthday silly." She says and I mentally facepalm. Of course he knows it's my birthday. What else did I expect?

"The real question here is why didn't you tell me?" She probes as I smile lightly.

"I'm sorry, I-I just didn't think it was a big deal." I explain, looking down at my food then back at her.

"Of course it's a big deal." She says, making her way over and perching on the bed. "Happy 20th Birthday. I love you." She says, hugging me tightly and rubbing her hand on my back. "Thank you so much for always being so nice to me."

"Thank you." I giggle. She pulls out and gives me a genuine smile and I motion her to sit on the bed and eat my breakfast with me. She complies with my request and picks up a fork.

"So what do you want to do today?" She asks with a mouthful of fruit.

"Nothing. Maybe just hang out with you in here." I tell her, picking at the food. "Is Tristan downstairs?" I ask, wanting to alleviate some of the curiosity.

"Yes, he'll be up in any second." She nods then stands up, flatenning her dress. "So I'm going to go back downstairs. Call me if you need anything." She says and I nod at her before she walks out.

As soon as she was about to exit, she bumps into Tristan at the door. "I'm sorry, Mr Black." She mutters, bowing her head as he nods at her. He then strides in with his dark grey suit, not taking his eyes off me.

"Good morning, angel." He hums, pacing towards me with a smirk on his face as I swallow my food.

"Good morning." I say back, looking down at the tray.

"You were asleep pretty early last night. Are you feeling okay?" He asks, tugging at his suit jacket and staring down at me as I nod.

"Um, yeah. I was just bored so I fell asleep." I inform him and he just stares at me. I swear his stare never fails to make me shy away.

"Good. Because today's going to be a busy one, so why don't you go and get ready?"

I nod and finish up the rest of the food before heading over to the closet as Tristan slumps on the couch and pulls out his phone.

Entering the vast walk in closet, I notice dozens of boxes stacked up in there. I knit my brows in confusion as I soon feel Tristan stood behind me. He places a kiss on my head to which I turn around.