Chapter 85

Tristan's POV:

It's almost dawn and I'm still sleepless. Aurora was worn out after our third round even though I could've easily fucked her all night. So I just let her rest.

I prop my head up against the headboard as her naked frame lays partially on top of me. I look down to her, watching her peacefully breathe in and out and I just get the most intense urge to protect her. A part of me is telling me to stay, hold on to her so closely and never let her go. But then I remember that dozens if not hundreds of skilled assassins are looking for her.

My reputation precedes me and it's not like I'll be winning a fucking Nobel peace prize anytime soon. I got a lot of enemies and many of them would jump at the opportunity to see me suffer.

I've tortured and killed a lot of people throughout the course of my life. And I may deserve to suffer for it but she doesn't. She's never layed her hand on anyone nor has she ever wronged a person.

I'm thinking it's a good thing that she's deeply asleep. That way, I can slip out without her noticing. I know for a fact I won't be to handle her crying again if I woke her up. Yesterday was hard enough as it is.

But this needs to be done. I can withstand being away as long as she's safe and provided for. She has access to all my money, my assets, my properties, my hotels. And she'll be well taken care of.

She's under this false impression that I'm her only family. She doesn't realize she has my parents, my brother, my sister. And my thousands of men are protecting her.

She'll be fine. Or so I try to convince myself.
In the meantime, she's not leaving the house. She has no reason to. I have people to run errands for her, getting her whatever she needs. My family will be visiting her often. And I have a dozen snipers on the premises at all time.

I sigh and hold her close, my hand going up and down her arms. Glancing over at the clock, I realize it's almost 6:30am. I need to be out the door by 7am. I'll stop at my office at Black's and put some things in order then I'll be flying out directly from there.

Looking over to Aurora, I place one final kiss on her forehead then gently move my hands away from her. She furrows her brows and rolls around, burying herself in the warmth and resuming her sleep. Good. I don't want her waking up at all.

I walk out the room and head straight to our bedroom. Entering the bathroom, I walk into the shower and turn on the warm water. I run my hand through my hair and huff out. Jesus, I'm so fucking stressed. I haven't slept a wink and I already have a fucking headache.

Finishing off, I wrap the towel around me and step out. I grab my phone that I left there last night and check my messages: lots from my clients at Black's. One from my pilot.

I set it down and dress myself. I'm thinking my dad and Isaac can take over for me at Black's. They're shareholders themselves and I've appointed them to take my position many times when my criminal endeavors drove me to it.

After being done, I go into the nursery to see my son. I look down on him and I feel  my chest tighten. This is my first time doing a mission whilst being a father and to sum it up, I feel like shit. This is one of the hardest things I've had to do.

I lean down and kiss him before grabbing my jacket and walking off. I grit my teeth as I walk down the stairs. God have mercy on whoever is responsible for the hit out because when I find them, I'll fucking ruin them.

Aurora's POV:

Fluttering my eyes open, I squint as I adjust to the light penetrating from the window. I turn around to my other side to see Tristan's side of the bed empty.