Chapter 70

Aurora's POV:

The tension and the reality of what's happening starts to kick in. I look down at Tristan as he mutters to himself with a frown settled on his face.

His face is just pure panic and confusion. We weren't expecting this to happen today. Yes, I knew I was due soon but I thought I would sense that it was going to be today.

"Fuck, are you okay?" He looks up at me with a worried look. "Are you in any pain?" He asks again, gently rubbing circles on my belly but I shake my head. It doesn't hurt too bad but I'm overwhelmed and anxious.

"We need to get you to the hospital, now." He ushers, looking completely frazzled and in distress.

"Okay, can you please get the bag and my pillow?" I request, heavily breathing in and out as Tristan nods and rushes to the lounge to fetch my things.

"Are you ready?" He asks, coming over to me then wrapping his arm around mine and holding my hand to help me stand up.

"Yeah." I nod with a scared look still plastered across my face. Tristan notices my hesitance and cups my face with his hands. He plants a lingering kiss against my forehead then swipes his thumb across my cheeks.

"Don't be nervous." He advises, attempting to calm me down. He's visibly nervous as well. This was the last thing we've expected to happen today. "You'll be okay." He assures me, brushing my hair back in a swift motion as I nod to him. That made me feel so much better.

He helps me put on my cardigan then bends down to put my shoes on. After that, he holds on to me and helps me down the stairs and into the car. It still doesn't hurt badly but I can feel that the pain will increase in a few hours.

"Did you call your family?" I ask, looking to him as he stands there with a worried look, opening the car.

"I'll call them when we get to the hospital." He replies, lifting me up to help me sit then reclining my seat back and clipping my seatbelt. He closes the door behind me and rushes to his side, climbing in and starting the car.

It was a ten minute drive to the hospital because Tristan was rushing crazily through the street. My pain started to increase by the minute and by the time we got to the hospital, I felt my entire body aching.

Tristan helps me out of the car as two nurses sit me in a wheelchair and wheel me away. I start to panic because I can't see Tristan and I don't know where he is.

"Stop, please stop." I yelp to which the two nurses comply with my request. "Tristan?"

"I'm right here." He says as I look up at him. He crouches down in front of me and holds my hand. Only then am I able to relax. I can't do this alone, I need him in there with me.

"I won't leave your side." He reassures me, squeezing my trembling hand. "You're okay." He hums, placing a kiss on the back of it and sending me a wink.

They continue to wheel me into the room as Tristan follows, his hand still holding mine, making me feel so comfortable despite the circumstances.

They settle me into the bed and I climb on, laying back on my back and staring up at the ceiling. I can't focus on anything but the pain. It's contraction after contraction with only a few seconds apart. I didn't think it was possible for pregnancy to be any more painful.

"How are you feeling?" Tristan's voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I turn to him with teary eyes as he sits on the side of the bed with me.

"I-It hurts." I frown, sniffling as a tear drops down my face, looking down at my lap. I hear him sigh and move around.