Chapter 26

Enjoy, babes. Make sure you comment and vote please💕😚

Aurora's POV:

"So what are your plans for today?" I ask, placing the clean plates into the cabinet.

"I'm getting dolled up to meet up with some guys. One of them has a desperate crush on you, if you must know." She informs me and I furrow my brows.

"Where does he know me from?" I ask, confused hy her statement.

"The restaurant. He wanted to double date with his friend Brandon. But I told him you're tied down."

"Yeah. But wait you're going out with another guy when you like Isaac?" I ask, wondering where the logic is in that.

"Your naiveté is out of this world, I'll tell you that. There's no harm in showing him what he's missing. If he doesn't want to be monogamous, then neither will I."

"Again you never even asked him to commit to you. How do you expect him to know?" I question, trying to talk some sense into her. But then again, what do I know about relationships?

"I don't want to hear it, Aurora. He's a guy, he should know these things. Plus, I want to be the exception not the rule." She protests rather childishly making me shaking my head and laugh. She's so crazy.

"Okay, then. Have fun tonight."

"Thanks, babe. What about you? What are you going to do today?" She asks and as soon as I open my mouth to answer, she interrupts. "Never mind, I already know the answer. You're going to read a book in bed then wait for your husband to get home so you can dine together. You're such a grandma." She chuckles. How rude.

"Actually, I was going to sit in the garden and feed the fish." I correct her.

"Woah, I apologize for my statement. Turns out you're a wild one." She mocks sarcastically.

"Fine, laugh at me. I don't mind." I chuckle, pouring juice in the cups as she giggles.

"I'm just teasing, babe. But you know, you should come clubbing with me sometime." She suggests, looking at her manicured fingers then back at me.

"No, it's fine. Let me know how it goes."

"Will do, babe." She says, sliding her phone into her purse and standing up to straighten her skirt.

"Well, I'm gonna head out. My shift starts in two hours and I need to pick an outfit for tonight. I'll drop by soon." She says and I pout. I want her to stay, I just want someone to talk to. "Oh, I forgot to tell you this a while back. But Henry's been missing so we got a new boss. I haven't missed that old pervert."

"Really? Do they know what happened to him?" I ask, out of curiousity. I'm not concerned about him, just the thought of what he used to do to me makes me cringe.

"His wife filed a missing person report but no one's ever seen him. Who knows what might've happened to him." She casually adds, playing with her hair as I walk her to the door. "Anyways, thanks for today, babe. I'll see you later. Love ya." She says, pulling me in for a hug and blowing a kiss my way before walking out and heading out.

I wish she would just stay. I wish I can just tell her that I spend my days alone, locked in here with no one around. It gets extremely lonely. But I guess I'll just sit around till night falls again.

The next day:

Much to my dismay, Tristan insisted on getting a maid to help me. So I told him that would love it if Claire was here. And that then, I'll have someone to talk to. He agreed almost immediately. I'm excited to just sit around with her and talk. Since I've been spending my days alone in here for over a month, you can see why this makes me happy.