Chapter 82

A few days later:

Aurora's POV:

Today's kind of been a busy day for me with Eric. He's been awake almost all day and it's almost 3PM. I sat with him in the kitchen as he played around in his little playing area.

We have one for him in every room. It was Tristan's idea when he was babyproofing the entire mansion. It's safer and he gets a kick out of it.

I sat at the kitchen island, digging into my lasagna. As I watched Eric crawl around and play, I couldn't help but think about Stella.

It's been a week since I went to her place and she has scheduled an appointment. I don't know if she told Isaac yet or not but I know she met up with him today. I don't know what happened but she hasn't called me to tell me anything. I'm kind of worried.

Shaking my head,I finish my plate and walk over to grab Eric from his playing area. I think it's time he eats as well before I take him up to Tristan so he can stay with him.

Tristan's been working here all week. It's been a bit awkward between us. Mostly because of me. Because I can't hide anything from him.

Walking up the stairs, I turn right and walk down the long corridor, I head towards his office and knock. He soon gives permission to come in.

My eyes land on him settled on his chair behind his desk, gripping on to the leather as he stared at his laptop screen with a frown on his face.

As soon as Eric sees him, he starts jumping in my arms, extending his arms towards Tristan.

"Hey." I break the silence, trying to hold Eric firmly against me but as soon as I do, he starts to get frustrated and lets out a little cry. I already know there's nothing I can do to quiet him down unless Tristan takes him.

"Hey, baby." Tristan smiles, standing up from his chair and walking towards me. He places a kiss on the top of my head before turning his attention to Eric, grabbing him from my arms and walking back to his desk.

I stand there, rubbing my arms up and down, watching Eric quiet down now that he's with Tristan.

"I thought you were going out." Tristan speaks up, raising a brow at me.

"Oh, I-um... I decided not to." I tell him, fumbling with my fingers. "Are you feeling okay?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I just missed you today. I barely saw you." I confess. He's been in his office everyday for almost a week.

"I know, I just really need to ge-" He starts but gets interrupted by his phone ringing.

"I have to take this." He states, staring at his phone screen and standing up from his chair. "Will you take him?" He asks and I nod, walking overtowards him and taking Eric back into my arm.

"What is it, Isaac?" He speaks up, turning to face the window as I look at him with a worried look. "What happened?"

I rock Eric back and forth before placing him in his crib that's set up in the office. I watch as Tristan listens intently to the other end. His blank expression immediately turning to a frown.

"WHAT?" He exclaims, making me flinch. "She did what?"He growls before hanging up the phone and slamming it on his desk. I'm guessing he told him about Stella.

"What's wrong?" I ask him but he doesn't pay me attention.

"I'll kill her." He mumbles under his breath, inhaling deeply. I don't want him to hurt my friend. I don't like him talking about her in that manner.