Chapter 28

Enjoy, babes💕💕

Aurora's POV:

"Let's talk business, gentlemen."

"As we all know, I'm going after the Russians. It needs to be done soon because I just know they're plotting something big." Tristan states as the men look between each other and nod.  "When that happens, I'm going to need back up. That's where you come in."

"Mr Black, why you think we want this...eh, alliance?" Riccardo asks, struggling to speak proper English.

"I'm not here to answer questions so don't waste my fucking time. I'm going after the entire Russian bloodline with or without your help, Riccardo. And when I do, it's going to get messy." Tristan growls, making everyone at the table flinch. I'll never understand why he has so much hatred for the russians.

"Think of yourself as insurance. You give me your word that you will back me up when the attacks happen. When other Mafias know that you're with me. They won't even think of coming near you. Trust me, no one wants to fuck with me." Tristan explains, snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me closer.

"And what we get in return?" Riccardo bargains, crossing his arms over his chest as Tristan scoffs.

"What I just said. Plus, you get to be in business with me. What else would a man in the business want for more?" Tristan states condescently as the man nods. "Remember that you need this more than I do. Word has it that your shipments aren't doing well, huh? Drugs and weaponry are not going out, no?" Tristan chuckles as Riccardo looks displeased.

"How you know?" Riccardo asks, looking a little intimidated. The sight of what's fairly a 50 year old man scared of someone as young as Tristan seems very odd.

"I know everything about everything. My men are scattered all across the world. That's why I'm your superior, everyone's superior." Tristan primps as Riccardo frowns and looks at the other men. They converse with each other for a moment in Italian as Tristan snaps his head at me and unexpectedly kisses on my temple. He asks if I'm okay and I nod. Riccardo soon turns to us and clears his throat, catching my and Tristan's attention.

"We will do everything you want, Mr Black. Your wish is our command." Riccardo states sheepishly as Tristan hums in satisfaction. I think he's gotten used to getting what he wants.

"Excellent. I knew you would make the right decision." Tristan's satisfaction seeps through his husky voice. "Well, I got what I wanted so I'll be heading out." Tristan says, rising from his chair and tugging at his suit. "Make me proud, gentlemen." He hums before extending his hand for me to take which I do so. "Let's go, my love." He says, pulling me up and we walk out, leaving the men who start to chat in Italian as soon as we do.

"Do you want to have lunch?" Tristan asks, pulling me close and I nod. I can't help but notice a massive difference between his business tone and his tone with me. He always softens it with me and I'm not going to lie, I don't hate it.

Later, we headed back to the penthouse after an entire day of Tristan showing me around the city. We also went to one of his casinos. I've never been to one before, it was an interesting experience. It's not like I was allowed to gamble or anything but I got to watch people do so.

I came back exhausted. Tristan brough me dinner which we ate over an awkward conversation, me being the awkward end. After that, I had cleaned up as Tristan took a shower and we headed off to sleep.

One week later:

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. Everyone was so nice to me at the hotel and treated me really well. And I didn't forget to show my appreciation.