Chapter 1

Hey there, you sexy ass potatoes. Thank you for giving this story a chance. I write about themes that interest me which are all dark. But my parents think I'm an innocent child of God hehe.

I wanted to say that this story doesn't have muses for the characters. This is because I want to allow you guys to imagine them as whoever you'd like.

Also, this song keeps playing in my head whenever I start writing this story. I stan Maroon 5 :)

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy. Lots of love x

Aurora's POV:

I was looking at the newspaper when I heard the sound of my toaster, indicating my toast was done. I make my way to the kitchen and prepare my breakfast. Setting it on the table, I inhale the delicious smell of the fresh hot-brewed coffee as I grab the newspaper and continue reading. Utterly scared by the content of this article: Police finds two new dead bodies possibly linked to the Mafia.

The Mafia.

For some unknown reason, they have taken a liking to this small, boring town. They've petrified every single person who lives here and no one knows who they are or what they look like. They're ruthless and heartless, killing anyone who gets in their way.

After finishing my breakfast, I wash the dirty dishes because I can't stand coming back to a dirty apartment. I head back to my room and start getting ready for work. It's already 11:30 AM

I work as a waitress at a restaurant called Le Clair De Lune. The name reminds me of a french lullaby my mom used to sing to me whenever I felt scared.

I really miss my mom.

My mom was the light at the end of the tunnel, she was the light of my life. When she passed away, a piece of me went with her. My world is completely dark without her. I just wish people who still had parents would realize how lucky they are. How they should cherish them and treasure every single moment with them.

I, unfortunately, never had the luxury to keep my mom. Better yet both my parents. Because even though my father might still be alive, he's dead to me. I ran away from him when I was fifteen. When my mom died, something shifted in him. He began drinking his sorrows away, neglecting me, abusing me. He forced me to start working and he'd lock me out of the house if I came back without money. I'll never forget all the cold December nights I spent sleeping on the doormat. I'd cry my eyes out begging for him to let me in, but in vain. He wasn't the same man. I was only nine at the time.

Years went by as I endured his torture and abuse. But after what he did that night, or what he tried to do. I knew I couldn't stay there anymore.

I remember being tired because he forced me to clean the entire house. Exhausted, I went back to my room. At 3 am, the sound of muffled talking and arguing disturbed my slumber. I got up and pressed my ear against the door of my room and what I heard still haunts me to this day.

flashback

I could distinguish two voices aside from my father's.

"So, where is she?" The first man asked.

"Will you be quiet. You'll wake her up." The second man whispered.

"Wait, we're gonna do it while she's asleep?" The same voice that asked where I was before asked again.

"No, you can wake her up. We'll tie her to the bed." That was my father's voice. I could recognize it anywhere.

"I call dibs on going first. I've always wanted to take someone's virginity."