Chapter 16

Enjoy, queens❤

Aurora's POV:

I woke up in a state of daze. I can't fathom how I feel, or how I should react to the fact that today is my wedding day. I'm useless, numb, weak, helpless. And that's only to name a few. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs and let all my frustration out. Oh God, I'm actually getting married. They'll drag me if they have to and Tristan's threats have taken a toll on me, he scares the living hell out of me. I know not to defy him.

I've given up. He wins, he always gets what he wants and this time is no different. Stopping him is beyond my power, beyond anyone's power. He can break me in half with just a glare. It took all the strength in me to stand to him yesterday, and he still got me to submit quickly. God, why can't he be normal? Why couldn't he just ask me to go on a date like a normal man? He can hold me against my will all he wants, but I will never stop resenting him for it. This marriage is a sham, a hoax. It's revolting, immoral, degenerate.

I roll around in the bed and glance over the bedside table to see a note on it. I sit up, my back against the headboard, and pick it up to read the content. It's from Tristan: 'Be good for me today, my love. For today, you'll be forever mine.'

Is he trying to pour salt into the wound? Does he deliberately want to hurt me? It's already bad enough that I'm actually going through with this, I don't need a reminder of what's to come.

I humph, pulling the sheets over me, hoping I can fall asleep again. It's 9AM at the moment, meaning I should be up already but I don't want to. The bedroom door creaks as I hear muffled voices on the other side, making me snap my head to see who it might be.

"Good morning to the beautiful bride." Stella greets, giving me a toothy smile as she enters the room accompagnied by Aylina and Dianne. What is she doing here so early? Also, please don't call me a bride. The word alone makes my stomach churn.

"Good morning." I softly greet them, sitting up on the bed. Stella places a cup of coffee and a plate of toast covered in honey and butter in front of me. "Thank you." I reply to the kind gesture and take a sip of the coffee. I look up and they're all stood staring at me whilst smiling. Did I miss something?

"Is something wrong?" I ask them, swallowing my coffee and raising my eyebrows.

"No, dear, nothing's wrong. You're just glowing." Dianne compliments, practically bursting with joy. My cheeks heat up as I look down to the food. Why can't I be normal and accept a compliment? "How are you feeling today? It's the big day." She chirps, clapping her hands excitingly.

"I'm okay. A little sleepy though." I confess, moving some of my hair from my face.

"Well you better shake it off, we leave to the venue in an hour and there's a lot to do. We can't afford to be late." Aylina states, pulling me up from the bed.

Wait, the food.

"B-But, my food." I say, extending my hand to the plate as they drag me away.

"Don't worry, we'll get you something to eat." Aylina chuckles and shakes her head, draping her arm over my shoulder.

After taking a shower and packing everything needed, we migrate to the kitchen to eat a divine breakfast. I've never had anything like it before.

Next, we headed down to the venue where the wedding was going to happen. I was informed the wedding starts at 5PM and right now, it's 12PM so I think there's still time. Although, the others beg to differ.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I asked Aylina and Claire to be my bridesmaids, aside from Stella, my maid of honour. As for Tristan, I'm guessing Elijah, Isaac and Jonas. They're the closest to him but who knows.