Chapter 91

Aurora's POV:

I stand up from my bed, gasping for air and drenched in sweat. I gulp, attempting to eliminate the bundle of nerves lodged in my throat. What was that. Quick on my feet, I peek over the nursery to find Eric sound asleep in his bed. No one is around and everything is as I left it when I fell asleep. 

It was just a dream.

Disappointed, I shake my head and rub my eyes, flinging my hair behind my back. This isn't the first time I had dreams like that and it certainly won't be the last. For the rest of my life, he'll always have me under his control. I'll never be able to be sane again. 

I head downstairs and into the kitchen for a glass of water. Upon my arrival, I notice Tristan's entire family gathered silently downstairs in the living room. My eyes widen and switch between their faces. Not to mention, Elijah stood in the corner of the room, arms crossed and leaning against the wall.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, nervously rubbing my arms up and down. They can't be here. If they knew what I was hiding, they'll never speak to me again.

I awkwardly await their reply but they just stare at me. It's as if they were waiting for a cue. For something to happen. Soon enough, I realize it was someone they were waiting for. 

"Aurora." A voice says from behind me. I immediately freeze, my body going limp. Because I know that voice. It's the voice that runs through my mind every single day.

I turn around to come face to face with him. Tristan. I wasn't dreaming before. It really was him. His family being here confirms that.

I thought of all the things I wanted to vocalize. How I spent the past six months writing him letters to articulate what I would say f I had the opportunity to be with him again. There was an overflow of thoughts running through my mind.

But at this particular moment, they were overshadowed by confusion and anger.

"It's really you." I sniffle, struggling to believe my eyes. I take a step back, distraught by the revelation.

"It's really me, angel." He nods, giving me sympathetic smile and using that pet name I've grown fond of. His deep voice making my skin prickle.

"It can't be. This isn't real." I shake my head, feeling the tears falling down my cheeks. "I'm dreaming again." I nod to myself, now heavily bawling .

He's quick to place his arm on my shoulder, making me flinch. "I'm right here. And I'm not going anywhere. I promise." He assures me but somehow, I'm finding it difficult to believe him. "My mission is complete."

That last sentence he muttered, it stirred something inside me and it wasn't a good feeling. It was because I realized that he planned this. He was deliberately hiding and pretending he's dead.

"But you were gone. For six months. You didn't call. At least to let me know you're alive." I whisper in a low voice, feeling self-aware as his entire family is here.

"I didn't have a choice. It was out of my hands." He declares, attempting to reason with me but I'm frustrated. I thought I would be happy he's back... I am but I need him to explain. I need to know that I haven't been living in absolute hell for no apparent reason.

"Why didn't you at least give me something to hold on to? Something I can comfort myself with." I cry, wiping my tears with the back of  my hand as he approaches me with a worried look.