Chapter 83: Hunting Pt.1

Hi there you all! I am here to tell you yes I am alive. All last week I have been feeling under the weather especially yesterday were I could barely write anything, thankfully it isn't Covid I contracted or else I would be writing to you from the hospital. Starting to feel better or maybe it is just the medicine talking for now. But still I will try to bulldoze through, and try my best to keep on writing.

Anyways I will try to get the 2 chapters I missed out on Sunday and Sat.

-------------------------------------

Watching Livia head out, Harry sat back in his seat and spun his chair around to stare out his window. Everything was coming together wonderfully, his armies were forming up, the Galleons were flowing in, and great innovation was happening.

Soon everything would be prepared to face Voldermort in the field!

Some stronger alliances would help, and he was looking into that. Plus chipping away at Voldy's power base was his goal this year, he already prepared an invasion against one of his key supporters.

"Your second guest for the day has arrived," Tobry announced as he politely came inside.

"Let them in," Harry said with a wave of his hand.

Turning around Ser Myles of House Rogers walked inside his office, he was dressed in more normal clothing without that heavy armor on. He respectfully bowed when his eyes meet Harry, "My Lord!"

"Ser Myles, so good of you to come," Harry replied as he waved the man over to take a seat across from him.

"You wanted to meet with me, my lord?" the sharp eyes man asked.

"Yes, the goblins told me you paid your tributes sporadically for some reason. And I really can't make heads or tails about it," Harry outright got to the bottom of things. "Are you my enemy, if so why even make the effort to pay any tribute at all. Or are you a loyal man, if so why haven't you been paying on time and the correct amount?"

"I am loyal to your family, my lord," the man simply answered with a bow of his head. "I am nothing like those deceitful backstabbers," he uttered with distaste showing a rare expression of disgust.

"Well then would you like to explain sporadic tributes?" he wondered out loud as he spread his hands to either side.

"My... land has been experiencing some hardship, my lord" he reluctantly answered. Harry knew it must have been very difficult for him to admit that, any man with power in their hand are a prideful lot. Admitting that things aren't going so well, that is a very tough choice to make.

"There has been a beast that has been plaguing my land. It has been destroying my home, and hunting my people. I do have the men to take it down, but it is a sly one that eludes me at every turn."

"Mmm," Harry said as he rubbed at his chin, this clarified a lot. The man could barely make ends meet with this creature plating him, forget paying tributes. All that he could scrounge every few years or so he would try to send his way.

It wasn't really Harry's issue, a lord is supposed to take care of his own personal matters and see to his or her own Wizardland. But if Harry gave some assistance, the man would owe him a great debt and would be very steadfast to him. He really needed loyal vassals right now that didn't follow him just because of oaths forced on them.

That why he asked, "Do you know what this magical creature that is inconveniencing you is?"

"No," the man shook his head, "we have only found tracks of it, and it's leaving. Other than that it has proven to be a cunning and very sneaky opponent."