Chapter 125: New Professor

Clapping his hands together, the old wizard declared, "We can now get started on making your wand!"

"What is the first step?" Harry asked, curious to know how the process worked.

"Well, the first step is always the blueprint," the wandmaker answered as he got himself a blank parchment and spread it before himself. "I will need to draft a design on the model of your wand."

"Of course," Harry nodded his head, listening to him continue.

"Then there is the fashioning of the wand itself which would take days on end. I shall set aside everything else and focus on your wand for now. Come back here in a week's time and you shall have your new wand ready at hand!"

"Excellent, now how much?" Harry asked about the price.

Smiling, the old man rested his hand on his shoulder and lead him to the front of the shop, "Let's head out front and we can discuss that."

----------------------------------

Leaving the shop with a much much emptier pocket, Harry was a bit crestfallen at the exuberant price he had to pay. His new wand alone costed as much as a 100 new wands all by itself. It was a very steep price to pay, but in all honesty, it was a fair one he noted.

There would be many rare materials used in the creation of his new wand and they all cost a pretty penny to procure. So it was fair though it did hurt his pockets, not by much or even at all but it mentally hurt him.

"Why do you look so downcast as if your child has been stolen?" Tonks asked him as they headed out of Diagon alley with their duties concluded for today.

"You have no idea," Harry shook his head.

"Come on, cheer up," Tonks elbowed him. "You have me for the whole day," she whispered.

Turning to look at her with a grin splitting his face after making sure that her squad mates weren't paying attention to them, he whispered back. "You are right. I have missed you dearly. And we have the rest of the day left to do so so very much..."

Harry realized there was something good in all of this; having people follow his ever shadow wasn't very comforting, but at least he had a very sexy and willing Auror at his beck and call.

"Then we best hurry back," Tonks answered breathlessly as he saw how hot and bothered she must have been after being apart for him for quite a while now.

--------------------------------------------------------

Walking up in the middle of the night, Harry groggily got up and looked around to see what awakened him this late into the night.

Looking to his night stand where the sound was originating from, Harry saw that his Mirror Phone was the cause of the racket.

Picking up the magic phone, he wondered who was calling him this late an hour and cursed them a bit for waking him up.

When he saw the Caller ID on the Mirror Phone, Harry paused this was the one call he was both dreading and glad of.

Answering the phone, Harry spoke into the phone, "Hey, Sirius! Why the late phone call? You do know I have school tomorrow morning."

"Sorry, pup," the Black family head answered, "I was just formalizing the final touches of the term of surrounded from my cousin."

Recalling Sirius's cousin, Amaryllis Mort who he had casus belli against, Harry smiled while shaking his head in wry amusement. "So what did Lady Mort offer you to leave her alone?"