Chapter 131: Function Pt.2

Many thanks to Yasheen Misthry for helping edit!

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a few power stones, or leave a comment, and a nice review would mean the world to me!

And you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping me do what I do time, thanks!

-----------------------

After speaking to James Turner, the Oceania champion, Harry headed off to mingle with the gathered crowd with Hermione.

Turning to look at her, Harry smiled showing some of the playboy tendencies that he picked up from Sirius. "I nearly forgot to comment on your dress tonight."

"Oh, really?" the witch asked as she perked up. He noticed how she leaned into him waiting to hear what he had to say and share his opinion.

Hermione had done something with her hair; it was no longer bushy but sleek and shiny, and twisted up into an elegant knot at the back of her head. She was wearing a blue dress made of a floaty, periwinkle-blue material, and she was holding herself differently, somehow — or maybe it was merely the absence of the twenty or so books she usually had slung over her back.

She was really shining beautifully tonight and that was exactly what he told her, "You look very lovely tonight," he smiled at her. "No words could express your beauty!"

"I don't know about that," Hermione said uncomfortably as her hands twitched to the sides, "all this show of wealth and power. I don't think I belong here. I-I... I feel like a frog before swans."

Lacing his fingers around her's, Harry used his other hand to lift up her toward him. "Don't ever think that of yourself. All these people you see here are just shallow deep down inside, this is just something to fill that void. They don't have your personality and your brains. You are your own person and that is what I love about you!"

"Thank you," Hermione smiled at him as he watched the tension in her shoulders leave. "Anyways I don't know what to do, this is my one dress I bought for that special occasion mentioned in the school requirement list."

"Don't worry," Harry said, "I could get you outfitted with as many dresses as you want."

"Why do you have women's clothing?" Hermione asked as she narrowed her eyes on him.

"Hey don't get the wrong idea," Harry held his hands out. "I got rooms filled with dresses and other stuff many of Potter women wore back home. I got no use for them and they are only just taking up space so I don't mind outfitting you with some."

"On that subject," Hermione as a longing look passed over her face, "you did promise to show me your family's very extensive library!"

"That I did," Harry smiled as he knew beyond dresses and jewelry what attracted Hermione's attention was book!

"Oh, you look very dashing tonight," Hermione pointed out, "You really clean up very well."

"Couldn't agree more," a voice cut in.

Turning around Harry found himself staring at Daphne Greengrass, she was in an elegant flowing green dress that fit perfectly on her and emphasizes all her womanly curves.

"Daphne," Harry greeted her betrothal with a smile as he took her in.

"What are you doing here?" Hermione asked. Harry was very glad to know that her tone was calm and polite, nothing of that scathing remark from before.

Harry felt like giving himself a pat on the back for a job well done. He really had out done himself the night before as the two most important women in his life were getting along very well with each other.