Chapter 9: Second Ritual

If you guys want advance chapters check out my Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

----------------------------------------

"What is this second ritual I never heard about?" Harry asked.

"Like Sirius said he wanted to keep it a surprise-- said it would be a good gift for your 14th birthday that approaches. Anyways he found a way to remove the dangerous basilisk poison in your vein and to even make it your own."

"I still do not understand," Harry said, unable to clearly wrap his head around all this.

"You will when the ritual is completed," Mrs. Tonks replied. Then suddenly calling out, "Kreacher," the ancient house-elf appeared in the ritual chamer.

"Kreacher," Mrs. Tonks repeated, "Take Sirius to his bedroom then find my daughter and Lupin proper living rearrangements."

Motioning with his head towards the house elf so that he could reinforce the older witch's order while also uttering to it. "Do as she tells you, Kreacher, no question asked."

"Yes, Master Harry Potter," the old house elf rasped and with that he first desippared with Sirius who was long dozed off then came for Tonks and Lupin to see them safely off to bed.

Turning her gaze words toward the young wizard, the mediwitch inquired, "How did you get Kreacher to follow you, so well? I thought that I would have to argue back and forth with him."

"It is a long story," Harry answered with a sigh, "maybe I will tell you another time."

Nodding her head in acknowledgment, the mediwitch went over to her potion station and came back with an ointment in hand. "Head on upstairs then go get showered and have a chance of clothes, after that use this to clean your wounds and during that time I shall prepare the second ritual."

"Wounds! What wounds?" Harry asked in confusion as he touched his arms, chest, then his face which he came away slick with blood. "Oh," Harry simply uttered, he must have done that to himself during the ritual thanks to all the pain he was suffering.

"Okay, I will be back real soon, Aunt Dromeda, don't overtask yourself."

"That is very kind of you dear," Mrs. Tonks replied as he rubbed his head playfully, "but do not worry yourself over little old me."

"Come on, Aunt Dromeda don't belittle yourself," Harry voiced in a stern manner. "You are important to me, Sirius, and a whole lot of other people and we won't want to see you bedraggled."

"Fine, I will take it easy dear," the older witch replied as a warm smile played on her lips. "now hurry up, so that we shall begin."

------------------------------------------------

Once again sitting in the middle of the ritual chamber with a magic circle surrounding him from all sides, Harry tried to ignore the itching sensation on his face. Now that he came to realize that his face was scored raw by himself, the pain came to sharp, clear focus. He felt like scratching it some more to ease the pain, but that would only worsen the abrasion.

Taking in deep, calm breaths Harry tried to focus on something else to shun the pain.

"Now listen up dear," Mrs. Tonks called out as she came to him with a tome opened to a select page. "This ritual is all on you, there will be none of our guiding hands to show you the way, and all the magic will be drawn from you alone."

"Well that is some comforting words," Harry grumbled, this was only his second time participating in a ritual and he only heard about the particular branch of magic this summer. Thus he could honestly say this was out of his league.