Chapter 97: Death Eater Trial Pt. 2

"Now, if we can get back to the trials," the old woman said as if nothing just went down at all and everything was fine at the office.

Harry had to hand it to the old woman, she had hard guts.

"You don't mean after all this we can act like nothing happened," Fudge squeaked. The man was sweating bullets as he didn't seem to handle well all that went down.

Shaking his head, Harry just felt bad for the country, with leaders like him what do you think the country would be like.

A Minster was suppose to be a leader of men, and inspire people. But all Fudge did was shiver like a coward and hide behind a woman's skirt.

Madam also seem to agree with him as he could see the flicker of disgust on his face as she turned to face him. "Whatever do you mean, Minster. we handled the criminal and all his conspirators!"

"But.. but.. but," the man tried to say, but then he suddenly realized that he would look foolish if he tried to say he had a fright. Then that would immediately call into question his leadership.

Speaking up for the man was his Undersecretary, Dolores Umbridge, "I think what the Minster is trying to we need recess so that we can process what happen and take a small break."

Staring at the woman with narrowed eyes, Harry felt like strangling her. If they did what she said then it would derail his plans. Already everything was set in motion, and he did not want to delay Sirius's trial anymore.

That why Harry was glad when Madam Longbottom spoke up, she wanted these trials to commence as much as he did no matter what. After all she was out for blood for her son and daughter-in-law.

"Minister Fudge," the old woman said as if she was reassuring a little child while ignoring the toad like woman. "We must stand steadfast and show the people we will not be terrorized by FEAR. That we would not bend to the whims of criminals. That we WILL lead the common people to a brighter future and forge ahead."

Clapping sounded around the chamber, and even one person shouted, "Yea, Chief Warlock!"

Waving her hand to settle down everyone, Fudge saw that the gathered folk were swaying to one direction. And since he was a coward at heart, he bent to the whim of everyone. Smiling wanly, "If that is what everyone believes then I will concede."

However this didn't seem the end of things as Lucius Malfoy got up, "Chief Warlock I must ask, if you knew before hand that Lord Nott would be making a surprise visit then why didn't you warn the court in advance instead of all this coming to as a suprise."

Harry could feel the old woman roll her eyes, the answer was obvious and she did not need to spell it to him. The man was a previous Death Eater whatever he said and whatever bullshit he spewed of Imperius Curse or not. Who knew if he would have given Tobias forewarning and joined him on his little coup.

Still though, she kept on a professional face. "Lord Malfoy it was my duty as Chief Warlock to run this court and oversee the preceding. All I have done is my done to safe guard these proceedings and protect the lords and ladies that make up this great court. I do not want to bother and burden others with my duty. When I took on this post I knew what this would entail and the safety risks involved."

"Yea, Chief Warlock!" the same person shouted.

Looking around with a grin on his face, Harry wondered who that joker was.

Nevertheless there were nods of agreements all around, some might be butt hurt of not being put into the loop, but they had all limbs attached and they got to keep their lives. So there really wasn't anything else they could ask for or else they would look ungrateful towards the very person that saved them.