Chapter 12: Rags to Riches

If you guys want advance chapters check out my Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

----------------------------------------

Picking up the Potter lord ring first since it had to do with his closest kin, Harry closely scrutinized it. The ring was of a black-greyish metallic color the width of a quarter of his finger on the center of it was a coat of arm a Golden Aquila within a read and gold shield and in its talons was House Potter written boldly. Then on the edge of the ring where words that read; Deeds, Not Words!

Turning the ring around in his palm, Harry held it out, took a deep breath, and put on the ring in one single motion. Once the ring was in his left ring finger thankfully nothing seem to have happened until the ring started to adjust itself till it fit snugly.

Letting out a breath he did not even know he was holding back, Harry presented the lord's ring to the room at large. "It worked," Harry announced and looking himself over, he added, "and I am still alive."

"Well that is good and all, pup," Sirius declared, "but you got four more rings to put on before you go start celebrating."

"Ah, shit," Harry muttered as he looked up the four other rings that awaited him.

------------------------------------------

"Yes," Harry declared as he gazed up at the five different rings on each of his fingers on his left hand. It was a pretty good decision on his part, if he was going to lose a hand, let it be only his left then his right hand, he figured. However, he somehow survived through it and came out alive with 5 different lordships within hand.

"I finally did it," Harry uttered with a sigh of relief.

"I never had any doubts you would, pup," Sirius voiced.

"You're lying," Harry declared.

"Okay, I had bets going on inside my head for a 4 to 1 odds."

Laughing at his antics, Harry turned to face the goblins and asked, "So do I have to carry around all these rings?" It would be obstructive if he were to have rings on all fingers.

"You can fuse them all into one ring," Gorkit stated, "just think of it and it will happen."

Doing as the goblin instructed, Harry made the thought and watched as all five rings flowed into one single ring. "Wow," Harry uttered as he gazed at the simple black band.

"Now if you can have a seat," Gorkit said as he waved at harry's chair, "We will need to review all your assets and you shall begin your lordship duties."

"Alright sure," Harry said as he sat back down in his seat. "What are these lordly duties I must perform anyways?" Harry asked, in his opinion, it really couldn't be that hard, can it?

"There are numerous things that will occupy your attention Master Potter," Barnott answered. "You need to maintain your properties, manage your assets, expand your family magic, run your business, formulate more patents to keep your repository competitive, arrange alliances, lobby for rights, claim your seats and participate in the Wizengamot, organize parties and gathering, see to your vassals."

"What the hell, that is a full-time job all on in itself," Harrys shouted as he kept on listing to the goblin list more and more duties.

"Yes," Gorkit stated, "and you have five whole Great Houses to manage. That is why we told you to forget about the other Lesser Houses you have Heirship over and stick to the more prominent and well to do Families."

"No shit, sherlock," Harry cursed, where was the simple he was imagining about. Was this what all Pure-bloods got up to during their working hours.