Chapter 124: New Wand

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a vote, or leave a comment, and a bookmarking it would mean the world to me!

Also you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping a small time author, thanks!

-------------------------------------

"Nothing, nothing," the old wizard shook his head, "just that Harry has outgrown his wand and they aren't compatible anymore." Looking at the old wizard, Harry had the feeling the wandmaker knew exactly why he had out grown his wand, and he was thankful the old wizard didn't mention it, especially to the old meddling bastard.

Although it is an unfortunate thing being connected to Voldemort, he would rather not have it mention out loud. Especially the fact that he had that psycho's soul fragment inside of him, that could immediately lead to bad outcomes if anyone found out.

No matter what they thought of him, just knowing that he had a part of that madman's soul in him could raise many questions. Souls are the essence of a human, and with two souls in a body there could be a mending of personalities and memories.

Harry was sure or he always told himself he was nothing like Voldermort and had hadn't been affected by his soul fragment in him for over a dozen years. But nobody would understand that, and it was just a risk he couldn't take.

"Really?" Harry asked as he looked down at his wand, playing along with what the old wandmaker said. Still he was a bit saddened, he and his wand really have been through a lot, but he guessed he just changed too much and his wand won't be coming with him through his next journey in life.

"Then what are we to do?" Dumbledore asked, as his bushy eyebrows furrowed. "He needs to compete next month in the first trial, and if his wand isn't working properly..."

"You my boy," the wandmaker said as he turned to face him, "need a new wand."

"Can't he make do with the one he has?" Dumbledore inquired. "Doesn't the time it takes to get used to a new wand take awhile and he will need to fight a dra-... I mean he will need to be in his tip top shape for his trial to come."

"Well if as you put it he needs to be in tip top shape, then he will need a new wand no matter what. I could already see that is magic is 15% less effective and the mana exchange is at a 7% loss. So you tell me, will he need a new wand."

"Alright, alright," the Hogwarts headmaster acquiesced, "you are the expert here, Garrick. We will follow what you say is best."

"Good," the wandmaker nodded his head as he handed Harry back his wand. "For now you can keep it and in the future, it can act as a backup wand for you. Make sure you come into my shop when you are next free."

"Will do, Mr. Ollivander," Harry nodded his head.

--------------------------------------------------

Walking into Diagon Alley, Harry was always taken back by all the shops that lined the cobblestoned wizarding and the magical folk milling about. The place was old fashion as if it was out of a medieval fair, but medieval times had nothing to the magical aesthetic that prevailed through the street.

He tried to ignore the people shadowing him, but he just couldn't keep them out of mind and they quickly ruined his enjoyment of sightseeing all the wonderful things on the alley.

"Must you follow me?" Harry finally asked as he turned to face Tonks and her squad mates.

"You know the orders from Madam Bones as much as I do," Tonks smiled at him. "We are simply following orders."