Chapter 60: Luncheon(R-18)

If you like what you see and what more please drop a like up above, a comment, or just give a bookmark it. It would mean the world to me, thanks!

Also you can find advance chapters, and bonus content are on my Pa /treon page https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

-------------------------------------------------

Walking down the steps of the lane, Fudge was the first person to walk up to him with his Undersecretary right in tow.

"Lord Potter," the man greeted him with a firm handshake, "I must say that was very bold of you today."

"Well don't we need to be bold in the pursuit of justice?" he asked, making a sly compliment of his true nature.

"Yes, yes, you are absolutely correct," he answered with a grin as the insult flew over his head.

"Anyways," he continued, "this will look good for you Minister. The people will see that you are a steadfast leader that has the interest of the people in heart and that you would brave through any and all inconvenience to see justice done!"

"Mmm, that is true," the man nodded his head as he got a far off look on his face already imagining the newspapers praising him.

"Yes," he nodded his head along like the man did all the work, "Now that I have you here Minister. I wanted to see if I could get your help on a matter that inconveniences me greatly."

"What can I do for you my lord?" the man asked, curious to know what exchange they could make for the help he offered.

"As you must have heard there has been the misuse of my name and image and I wanted your help to get those who illegally earned profit from it without my permission to justice. I want that money to be donated to orphans and children that suffered from the war like me. To fund Werewolf and Vampire cure research! Plus some of it to the Ministry to help around with the running of our sacred government, of course"

"That is a noble goal, my lord," the toad like woman finally spoke up, "but we all know that Werewolf and Vampire are nothing more than animals that plague us fine upstanding citizens. I am of the opinion they should be put down where they stand."

"Who are you?" Harry asked, even though he already who the unpleasant woman was.

Opening and closing her mouth, she looked more surprised at the question then the total disrespect.

"She is my Undersecretary," Fudge helpfully commented.

"Then you need better control of your people Minister," he said with all the pretension of a nobleman. Giving her only a glance he uttered, "The Minster and I are discussing with each other, please don't step into things you don't understand."

Wanting to guard his money like a good guard dog, the man nodded his head, "Yes, Umbridge this is a matter that concerns the highest of offices, please say silent."

"Now where were we," he said amiably.

"Grabbing his arm as they walked away, the man asked in a low tone, "So how much exactly are you... donating to the Ministry?"

Smiling outwardly while inside he was disgusted, he continued to discuss with the man. This was sadly how the highest offices in the land worked, political favor and exchange of wealth, backstabbing, espionage, and many other dirty things.

After they were done with their 'negotiations' Harry continued to mingle with the other members of the wizarding parliament/court. Madam Longbottom thanked him profusely for helping him secure the position of Chief Warlock and kicking out Dumbledore which she savored greatly. She promised to help him with any agenda he had, which was exactly what he was looking for when he helped raise her to the position.