Chapter 16: Birthday Party

"Alright, let's get your school supplies before we head back," Sirius announced as he patted his godson on the back.

"Yea, totally forgot about that," Harry answered as he took out from his pocket the list that of the school supplies he would need for the upcoming year. One item on the list that perplexed him was a Dress Robe. Harry had no idea why he needed that, or what a Dress robe even was, but Sirius did say he knew where to get one.

"Alright let's get going," Sirius said, "we are running out of time."

The first stop the their small group stopped at was Eeylops Owl Emporium, there they got treats for Hedwig which was well deserved, new toys for her to play with, cleaning supplies for her talons, becks, and feathers, plus a new bird stand.

Next it was to Scribbulus Writing Implements where they got all the quills, ink, and parchments he would need for the school year. Turning the quills in his hands Harry lamented about the fact that the wizarding world didn't have the much easier to use writing utensils of pen and paper. Pausing Hary wondered why he couldn't invest into that, he would be making himself a pretty penny and would make his school life much easier. Storing that thought for later, Harry set it aside and carried on with his shopping. He could put more time into it latter.

After that it was to Slug & Jiggers Apothecary where Harry got all the magical ingredients he would need. As the shop owner was passing him his packaged items, Harry's stomach turned as he thought of where the ingredients had come from. It was a sad reality that the wizarding world was built on the enslavement and slaughter of other magical creatures and it was not something that could be broken easily at all.

Following that, it was to Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment where they got all the implements and tools of the day. Mostly though they were getting equipment that was needed for astronomy class whether that me telescopes, star charts, or globes.

After that they went to Potage's Cauldron Shop where they got Harry a new cauldron, flasks, and other potion supplies.

Later it was to Omar's Wand World a shop that sold wand accessories and supplies; there Harry got a wand holster, and some cleaning supplies to keep his trusty wand in pristine shape.

Subsequently, it was to Quality Quidditch Supplies where Harry got all the broom supplies he would need to keep his firebolt in tip-top shape.

Then it was to Zwentibold's Shimmering Sorcery a store that sold strange, and unusual items there they picked up another mysterious package this time from Mrs. Tonks. After that it was to Pilliwinkle's Playthings which was a store specialising in wizarding golems, puppets, and automaton there they picked up their third mysterious package and this one from Tonks. Finally, it was to Concordia and Plunkett Musical Instruments which as its name said sold musical instruments and there they picked up Lupin's package.

Afterwards they made their way to Twilfitt and Tattings a more upscale wizarding clothing shop than Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. There they got the Dress Robes that was listed on the shopping roll which was a basically a formal wear robe, Sirius picked up a fine black colored Dress Robe with a green lining that matched his eyes well which was made of Acromantula silk and had temperature charm and a cleaning charm placed on it. There they also got fine, flowing robes made of Lethifold and winter cloaks made of Wampus cat fur.

Following that, Sirius lead them to a shop called Incognito Wizardwear this shop sold muggle clothing that for once wasn't strange or out of fashion long ago. There Harry was able to buy clothing that fit him for once and wasn't clearly hand-me-down.

In addition to all that they went to Knockturn Alley where they came up to a shop called Markus Scarrs Indelible Tattoos besides their usual services of magical tattoos they also did ear piercing. There Harry was able to get both his ears pierced in a quick and painless process, and he was finally able to put on the earing that he bought.