Chapter 42: Ferris Wheel (R-18)

Suddenly, he was cut short from his wandering thoughts as a voice growled, "You had no right!"

Turning around, he saw Tonks scowling at him looking every part the Black she was as her hair was black as midnight and her eyes steel grey.

"You know glowering like that takes away from your beauty," he grinned at her, "try to smile some more," he advised.

"Shut it," the witch snarled.

"Okay," Harry said as he held his hands up, "what is going on with you, huh?"

Still giving him her snappish hard glare, he got no response from her, but he did not care as he just bulldozed over. "And I am not talking about whatever this is between you and her."

"Well, it's none of your business," she stated increasing her glare on him.

"It isn't," he agreed, whatever was going on between them, it was on them. He just did not want to see a catfight go down in front of him.

"Good," she said as she sniffed loudly.

"But I am curious to know why you have been avoiding me?" he demanded.

Staying silent for a long while, he expected her to give him no response until she uttered, "It was a mistake!"

"What was?" he asked as he had a growing suspicion of what she was talking about.

"That night," she simply answered as her eyes were hooded by her hair.

"Well if that is how you feel," he said as he did not want to linger on the topic any more than he had to.

"Yes, let's keep things strictly professional between us," and for a moment he heard her voice crack, but he really couldn't make up her expression with her eyes obstructed like that.

"Alright," he declared as he handled the reject better than he would have imagined since this was the first time that broke up with a girl in a sense. Without any more words exchanged between them, he walked on ahead and didn't see that heart broken look on her face.

Proceeding through the packed crowds, they made sure to stick together as it seem like everyone decided to come out of their tents and go about in the whole area.

Suddenly he felt someone's hand against the small of his back, turning around he saw that it was Lily who had a concerned look on her face. "I see that the two of you got into a small fight."

"Yea," Harry answered with a sigh.

"I did not expect that, you two looked awfully close," the busty witch noted.

Not wanting to draw her suspicion so as to keep his options open and not want to bring their sticky situation to light. He answered, "Yea that closest kin to you, always fighting and arguing."

Smiling, the witch seem to coming out of her shell of self-imposed misery, "Don't worry the two of you will make up."

"Hope so," he said with another sigh as he glanced over to the plucky witch. "So what do you do? You must have graduated Hogwarts if you had been in the same year as Tonks."

"I work in the Ministry of Magic," she answered as they finally reached the amusement park. There was a long line just to get into the gateway with showed how crowded the place was. Getting to the back of it, they carried on with their conversation to pass the long wait.

"Wow, the Ministry, I never pegged you as the bureaucrat type."

"Yea, that's me the public servant," she answered with a shrug.