Chapter 154: Siege Pt.3

"Hold the lines," the Commander shouted from on up high where he stood right next to Harry who was seated on his throne back chair while overlooking the pitched battle on the walls.

The battle on the fortress wall had reached a fervor pitch, both sides were not budging an inch even when one side after the other took to the offense for one final push. No one gave any grounds at all so they were stuck in a mire pit of relentless fighting and combat as spells flew in the air and weapons were brandished.

With the killing fields gone, the Nott force were able to attack the fortress out right now. They were ever relentless as they tried to climb the walls while his army denied them at every turn. The enemy force kept on climbing on ladders to get on the walls. The gates were being rammed away by the Nott army, but wizards and witches stood near the gates chanting in unison as they continuously reinforced the entrances with their magic. Some were busy at work trying to dig a tunnel underneath the wall, but soon they will experience the nasty surprise he had in store for them. However, that didn't mean he would make it easy for them as he has his army deny them.

On the other hand, his defense was admirable, the Hieracosphinx Cohort stood at the walls letting nothing past as their massive bulks made an indomitable bulwark against the invading force. The Keythong were the best attack dogs any man could hope for as they ripped and tore at any invader that got on to the battlements with savage glee.

The Grecian Cohort stood back working their magic as they did a wonderful job confusing and dismantling the enemy force while healing and supporting his army. The Hippogriff Cohort and the Cynogriffin Cohort were doing an adamant job they were harassing the enemy just as he ordered and they even took it into their hand to cripple the enemy's range support.

Harry had his other units in reserve, for now, just waiting for the perfect opportunity in using them.

Then Harry saw the siege towers finally make it to the fortress. He could see all the soldiers inside geared up to attack the battlement when they connected.

He couldn't let that happen, not on his watch at all.

"Lieutenant Alex," Harry called to the glasses wearing man who answered his call immediately like he had been waiting for it all day long.

"Yes, my lord, what are your orders?" he asked as Harry could see the anticipation in his body as he already knew what Harry was about to tell him to do.

"I want you to take care of those towers," Harry simply answered as he pointed off to those dark foreboding breaching towers, he could see the dark magic wafting off them and knew they packed a bunch of surprises. He couldn't allow it to get any nearer to the fortress or else who knew what fate awaited them.

Better to take care of it right now and squash the issue with his best force.

"Your wish is my command," the fanatically loyal officer saluted and then left to follow through on his command with his Cohort ready at hand.

Watching as the Griffin Cohort took flight as their heavy wings beat in the air announcing their foray into battle. They swooped down on the siege towers with their talons at ready.

Turning for them, Harry trusted in Lieutenant Alex to follow through on his commands now it was time for him to do his job. Surveying the battlefield, he saw that both sides were stuck in a statement, something needed to happen to break it.

The only two Cohorts he had in reserve were the Mini Griffins Cohort and the Demigryph Cohort. The Mini Griffins were used for spying and scouting, their small little talons and beaks would be no risk to the enemy and their small little bodies couldn't take that much damage. So they were of little use in a full out war.