Chapter 155: Relief

"What are losses?" Harry asked the Commander. They were able to get a good rest last night as the enemy made no move to attack through the twilight hours. They too were counting their losses just like they were.

The Commander had plenty of time yesterday to count their losses and pick up any corpses left outside the wall. He should have a good estimate now of where their current forces stand.

"They aren't too bad," the gruff man answered. "We gave as good as we got, even more so I believe. There are 133 Dead who have been laid to rest, 256 Severely Injured who the healers and mediwitches assure us will make it as those that couldn't already passed away last night, and finally 102 Lightly Injured who would be able to come back after some rest and recovery. So all in all nearly 500 out of action for now!"

"500, huh," Harry muttered as he rested his hands on the battlements. More than anything he was focusing on the 133, all dead for him. How many more would die for his cause. He was sure it would be more. Today was a new day, and that meant brand new engagements.

Suddenly, Harry felt a palm rest on his shoulder, "Don't beat yourself over this, boy!" the Commander addressed him softly. "They have fought and died for their liege lord, there is no greater honor in that. Their families and loved ones will be well compensated, and we shall continue to support them. This is the way!"

"Alright," Harry nodded his head, "but do add a bit of incentive to their families compensation. For my sake and my consciousness," he added. Money really didn't matter to him, he had more than enough to last him several lifetimes and at the rate he was going, sell his new products and items, he would be earning that income twice over each year.

"Your wish is my command," the gruff man nodded his head.

"So how many men are we left with right now?" Harry asked. "And how are their current situation at this particular time?"

"Presently we have 3,500 soldiers left. Basically, each respected Cohort that fought today took a small loss, not a crippling blows, but still they are short a Century or two. Thus each soldier will need to make up for their downed brothers and sisters. Morale is at a all time high as we have been able to repel the enemy force and gave them deep blow."

"Good, good," Harry nodded his head. Soldier morale is the most important any good commanders would consider. It was the pivotal point that could decide battles, show how willing soldiers are to endure sacrifices and hardships, and so much more.

"How are our foodstuffs and supplies looking?" Harry then asked, but then suddenly a messenger came running up, he was breathing heavily and had to catch his breath before he could speak up. "My lord," he finally spoke up, "a message has been left for you in the command room."

"Mhmm, here let me see," Harry said. He had all his calls and messages directed to the command room. He couldn't break his attention away from the siege which required constant monitoring, so he had messages and calls transcribed and brought up to him.

Handing him the parchment of the transcribed message, harry silently read it as he finished reading it a smile spread across his face.

The Commander took notice of it and asked, "What's the good news you got."

"Ha, we will soon be relieved," Harry answered with a chuckle, "now I can't wait to see the look on the Nott force."

"Would you like to send a reply, my lord," the messenger asked.

"Yes, tell her I am deeply comforted and I am in her debt!"

"Well do, my lord," the messenger said as he gave a salute and ran off.