Chapter 152: Seige Pt.1

"So when can we expect them to arrive?" Harry asked as he stood on the battlements of the inner keep in the fort, overlooking the courtyard down below where the legionaries were busy at work preparing for the army about to come their way. And the parapet also afforded him a perfect view of the surrounding lands with the mountains range hugging the fort close and the cold winds also blowing down here into the fort.

Standing alongside him was the Commander who was also taking in the surrounding landscape.

"Anytime now," the man answered. "We have prepared the best we could to face them, now we can only wait and stand guard. Anyways," he said as he turned to face him. "Are you sure it was wise riling up that little lordling like that?"

"It was all part of my plan, the whole reason why I stuck at the Grim Tower and destroyed it was because I knew he would be incensed and would react stupidly just like right now. Look at him coming running to use on a battlefield of our choosing."

"Yes, an angry enemy would react stupid, but they would also react explosively as well. He might just b trying to take us all down with him more or less."

"Yes, but it is a risk worth taking. I do not want our little war to go on for ages as we all but destroy the countryside in our feud and draw this matter out. It is better to get it down quick and easy, and an epic battle for the ages is exactly what we need."

"Can't agree with you anymore on that line of thought," the gruff man chuckled. "I have seen what a prolonged magical war could do, wizards and witches always come up with better ways in killing each other, and the body count just continues rising!"

"Must have been so thought times," Harry commented. He never really lived turning a war time, this was a relatively peaceful time if you could call it that since there still was a Dark lord lurking about, but other than that things have been kept repressed. Though Harry did not know how long that could last, the underlying issues that have been plaguing this country have never been resolved at all, all they have been done was put back.

There was still dark creature on the prowl in the recess of society, magical beings unhappy how they are still being oppressed, purebloods angry at the increase in muggle-born wizards and witches, muggleborn still being treated and having limited options in the magical world, half-bloods stuck in between, dark and light families at each other throats.

And so many more issues he could spend all day talking about them; from the corruption in the Ministry and the ineffective heads of states, magical knowledge, and research degrading, great bloodlines slowly disappearing. The list was endless.

"Well I better be heading back inside and see to the defences," the Commander spoke up as his breath condenses before him in a puff.

"Yea, you go do that, Commander," Harry nodded his head as he stood standing where he was taking in the expansive landscape which held such mighty fortitude and beauty all at once.

Sighing to himself at what was about to come next, Harry steeled himself and calmed his nerves. everything was in perfect order so there was nothing to fear or worry about in the end they would break the Nott family's army right up against their walls.

Suddenly Harry picked up on a sound that seemed like there was countless stamping feet causing to earth to tremble in their wake. Looking to the east which was the only direction anyone could come from, Harry saw some birds take to the air as their wing beats filled the air.

Narrowing his eyes Harry saw dust clouds fill the air in the general direction that the sound was coming for. Suddenly the alarms were raised as the sounds of enemy approach was signaled. The fortress erupted in a flurry of activities as soldiers took the battlements with their weapons in hand and people quickly got to their posts.