Chapter 101: Gathering of Light

If you like what you see and what more please drop a Vote up above, a comment, or bookmark it. It would mean the world to me, thanks!!

Also you can find advance chapters, commissioned art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

Your support would go a long way in helping a small time author, thanks!

----------------------------

"Still," Madam Longbottom said, "even if this does prove that Peter is still alive. You are still the one who is credited for betraying the Potters."

"And who said that?" Sirius asked as he leaned back in his seat.

"Dumbledore," the old lady simply answered.

"What if I said he speaks lies," Sirius stated, "after all he was the one who made the Fidelius Charm and should know better than anyone who the Secret Keeper was."

Loud gasps echoed in the chamber at the wizard's accusations. People begin to whisper to each other and chat with their partners nearby.

This was truly some sensational news.

Some people didn't really like it one bit as they saw this as an afront to Dumbledore's good name and tarnished his reputation as the Leader of Light and Protector of all whither it be muggle-born, magical beings, muggles, half-bloods, magical creatures, and other every downcast class.

That is when the shouting was added to the mix as Sirius was called everything that these old blood could come up with. Which wasn't really much since they never had anything to do with something dirty or seen as belittling of their status.

"Unless of course, he went senile," Sirius barked out, in a loud rasping noise that cut through the hubbub.

"Order, Order," Madam Longbottom shouted sticking down with her gavel making the all the chatter quite down. Turning to look at Sirius with a stern look as if she blamed him for all that, she said, "Now that is some very scandalous accusations. DO you have any proof to back it up or are you just making this up as you go."

"No I do," Sirius said, as he took out a very familiar golden plaque written on it was the Potter Will.

"Why do you have the Potter Will?" Madam Longbottom asked as she narrowed her eyes at the Black family wizard.

"O, this little thing," Sirius said as he gazed at it, "this is what will prove to you my innocence. All of you at the Wizengamot might have heard of some of the will during Dumbledore's hearing, but did you here this part?" Sirius asked as he begin to play it.

"I, Lord James Charlus Potter, Head of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter and I, Lily J Potter(née Evans), do of sound Mind and sound Body, declare this to be our Final Will and Testimony, voiding all previous filed Will and Testimony. This Will and Testimony is dated on 31 July, 1980."

"To Sirius Black, we leave you with 100,000 Galleons, thanking you for all the joy and laughter you have brought in our lives! Don't you dare spend all our money partying and chasing women," Harry's mother added in the end and he heard his father chuckling in the background. That got a laugh out of Sirius as he smiled sadly.

"To Remus Lupin, we leave you with 100,000 Galleons, thanking you for all the wisdom and cautiousness you have brought in our lives! Fuck this cruel system, you can life comfortably even if you are a werewolf," this time it was Harry's father who made the remark and felt more than heard an elbow hit him in the ribcage to silence him.

"To Peter Pettigrew, we leave you nothing if we are dead, let it be known that he must have betrayed us if we have been found. Peter Pettigrew was our secret keeper," Harry's mother tried to say until his father cut in, "I will be coming for you, you rat-tailed bastard even from beyond the grave!" However, he was quickly cut off as somebody seemed to have elbowed him and his mother continued, "Let the Auror force know that Peter Pettigrew is a Death Eater."