Chapter 161: Threats

With the two banished lords gone, the hall was greeted to silence only the sound of Harry pulling out his sword from the corpse on the ground filled the chamber.

And it was at that moment that a messenger came running inside. "My lord," he shouted as he came to a stop before Harry, breathlessly trying to control his breathing. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but someone or something is trying to make their way into fortress."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked as he narrowed his eyes, could the Nott family forces really be back seeking revenge or did they get help from some other family just like he did. "Is there a force outside?" he inquired from the messenger, "Come on, good man, be clear here, this could be life or death!" However before his question could be answered the fortress itself started to shake.

It was like a mini earthquake strike at the place as dust fell down from the ceiling as everyone tried to steady themselves in place, and not just fall to the ground. That was when Harry heard the voices. It seemed to be coming from far away like someone was speaking through a tunnel. For a good long moment he thought he just lost his mind until...

Harry craned his neck around and he saw a portal of some sort forming in the air before him. He dusted himself off as he stood tall, ready to face this invader that would be foolish enough to try to invade the heart of his family's military complex.

Then finally the portal opened up to a darkened chamber, it took a while for his eyes to adjust but one he did he saw that he was looking in on a gathering of sorts from within the portal. Everyone in the hall also stared open mouth at the sight before them. Daphne came over to his stand to stand right next to him.

"Lord Potter," Lord Yaxley greeted him with a curt nod.

Before him was the gathered leaders of the Dark faction. Each and every single one of them was present and they all looked like they came with single minded purpose.

Harry saw the very feminine man Lord Rory Rosier, the grimdark man Lord Perseus Parkinson, the creepy twins Lord Alecto Carrow and Lady Amycus Carrow, the manically smiling man Lord Hunter Flint, the heavy set Lord Kaiden Bulstrode, the seductive Lady Amaryllis Mort, the very person that just addressed him, Lord Corban Yaxley, and a young man who he knew nothing about but was seated on the High Table which was telling in of itself.

It would seem that there was no Lucius Malfoy present, Harry guessed he was busy fighting the war that his godfather started with his family right at the same time he begin his own. But he didn't know what rally happened was that he got booted from the High Table.

"My Lords and Ladies," Harry nodded his head politely but his demeanor was anything but. "What brings you here within my family fortress?" he asked. Basically inquiring why the fuck they decided to break through his wards and into his fort. They must have pooled all their magic to accomplish this, as nothing could get through the wards protecting his family fortress except for such overwhelming force as 7 families of equal standing to his combining all their might.

"We only wanted to know how things were going between your house and Nott," Lord Bulstrode smiled towards him, showing all his teeth.

"Ahhh," Harry chuckled softly, as he finally saw what they came here for. To save their faction member's butt as he already handed their ass to them for too many times to close to comfort.

"I am sorry to tell you this, but you are a bit too late. House Nott just left a few hours ago. They seemed to be in quite the hurry, if you wish I could see what had them in such a rush... Of course I will need to bring with me my men, for my safety you know."

A look was shared between them, it looked like this was news for them. Maybe they thought they could get here before it was too late to stop him from routing the Nott force, but they guessed wrong.