Chapter 27: Griffin Fort Pt.1

"Why didn't you kill Voldemort yourself?" Harry asked as he gazed up at the giant, old Royal Gryphon.

"Aah," the old birdy said with a deep sigh, "the answer to that is very complicated and long winded, but to cut to the matter of things I am not powerful enough for that."

"You're not powerful enough to face Voldemort?" Harry asked in a disbelieving voice. How powerful can the evil fucker be if even an ancient beast as powerful as Old Gryp can't defeat him?

"Yes," the old creature said, "I am barely clinging to life as it is, my magic can only grant me a few more years of life if I do not exert myself too much. That is why I must use to time remaining to mold my great-great-great-great-grandson here into the next leader of our kind."

Turning to look at Sunchaser who looked saddened to be reminded that his many times over geat father would soon pass away, Harry had no words to say. He knew the pain of losing loved ones and it must be even more painful that each day that passes by you know their time is drawing nearer.

"Anyways, my boy," Old Gryp said as he glossed over his death like it was nothing, "you underestimate the power of a Sorcerer. There is a reason why only a few rise up around the whole globe, every few generations. They are people that stand near the pinnacle of power, that have a very profound and abstruse understanding of magic. They are nothing compared to a common wizard. If they so wanted they can annihilate this whole country without breaking a sweat."

Not even trying to process what the old Gryphon said since he might just start to weep at the unfairness of it all. Harry turned to more practical things like, "Then why didn't Voldermort do exactly that?" Harry asked.

If he knew the madman well which he did thanks to having all his memories saved and backlogged in his head then he would have done it long ago thanks to all the resistance he faced here.

"Well he has Dumbledore that stands against him who will not allow that, and the other Sorcerers will not take to kindly to the fact that he just wiped out a whole country off the map no matter how small or quarreling they are. People like Flamel couples, Faust, Michael Scot, Aleister Crowley, Julian, Virgil, Albertus, the Witch of Endor, Zoroaster, and many others will come out of the woodwork to teach him a very valuable lesson."

Just listening to him list all these historical figures that Harry heard about on and off made his skin tingle. Some of them have to be hundreds if not close to a thousand years and they are still alive and part of this world.

"Plus," Old Gryp said, carrying on as if not noticing Harry dumbfounded and stupefied expressions, "there are other legendary creatures found throughout Magical Great Britain that can match me might for might, and who would side with Voldermort; like Selena the Basilisk that you have killed."

"Well," Harry said with a weak smile, "thanks for clarifying it all. I guess it will just take time to process it all and wrap my mind against it."

"No problem," the old Gryphon said as he started to settle down. "And little lordling," he called out as Harry turned around towards Sunchaser.

"Yes," Harry said as he looked up at the massive creature.

"Don't lose hope, things might look bleak for you and the odds might be stacked against you, but never lose hope. As long as you keep trying, and you give it your best, you can die a happy man."

"Thank you," Harry said and he really meant it as the words of the old Gryphon uplifted his mood. Even if he had two giant brick walls blocking his path, he would smash them down if nothing along except pure willpower.

Peering at him in a very solemn tone with its milky eyes first the first time even sharpening into the true predator eyes of an eagle. "Reassemble the Griffin Legion, build up your power base, form alliances with other Great Houses, create pacts with other races, increase your hold, expand your land, let the gold flow, innovate new magical technology, recruit more people to your cause, better yourself, further your studies, dive deeper into work, attain more power, and seek new masters to learn under.