Interlude - Sirius's adventure Pt. 3

"So where to next?" Lupin asked as he summed himself a new pair of clothing since his own was torn apart and matted with blood.

Turning around and giving his friend some privacy, Sirius answered, "It is to the Black Fortress where my family's army- the Black Host is posted to guard the Doom Pits. I will need to start rousing them up for the coming war!"

"Well then we best be going then," the werewolf stated as he finished putting on the last article of clothing.

Turning around, the wizard nodded his head in agreement, and they both apparated out of there in two silent pops.

Before they knew it they were in a landscape that made the volcanic area they were at before picturesque. Dark misty clouds swallowed the whole of the land in a tight grip, with red lightning flashing across the heavens, the land itself was dead or dying as if the life has been sucked from it even with the snow that littered the ground.

In the distance was a dark towering mountain with jagged rocks sticking out like spikes and on it was an evil foreboding fortress that stood serving the whole of the land.

However that was not what caught Sirius's attention, no it was obviously the giant Three-legged Crows in the sky and Winged serpent that were attacking the fortress.

"What the fuck is going on?" Lupin asked no one in particular as they watched this massive battle unfolding right before their eyes. On the defending side

"Those are Mort men," Sirius noted with narrowed eyes, he knew those banners better than anyone with the large green M and the twin crow perched on it.

"What the hell are they doing here?" the werewolf asked as gazed at the battlefield in wide wonder.

"They are here to contend for my family's holding and assets just like Cissy," Sirius simply answered as he wasn't really paying any attention to his friend.

His gaze was now focused on his family's army defense which was clearly going poorly, it seems like they never recovered just like the Potter family Griffin Legion with nobody at the helm or more accurately no sane person leading them.

If the two invading armies weren't fighting each other as much as they were his family's army then the fortress might have fallen a long time ago.

"Why? How? What?" Lupin tried to word out but couldn't find the correct words at all.

Understanding what he was trying to get at, Sirius stated, "Bellatrix, Cissy, and Dromeda weren't the only cousins I have. Amaryllis was another, and last I heard she is head of the Mort family after her husband, the old head of the house died under suspicious circumstances."

"So just like Narcissa, she wants to claim your family."

"Yep, exactly," Sirius nodded, "If my family was good for anything, then it is producing cutthroat and scheming women."

"I wonder how you even survived living with them under the same roof," Lupin wondered out loud.

Chuckling, Sirius shook his head, "That is exactly why I ran away from home. I was surrounded by she-devils constantly!"

"Well Andromeda turned out all right," Lupin tried to comfort.

"Yeah," Sirius said as his eyes clearly told he did not think so. "Be that as it may, we still have to go up there," he pointed towards the fort, "and make sure that the defense stands still."

"Of course you would say that," Lupin muttered.

Turning to face his friend tried to argue, "We need to do this, I can not afford to lose the manor because it really isn't worth it, however, if the fortress falls we lose the Black Host a pivotal piece in the coming war."