Chapter 36: Other Properties Pt.1

"Ahh, I feel so refreshed," Harry announced as he and his godfather made their way out of the mansion.

"Good," Sirius announced as she looked around for a well secluded area to apparate out of here. Just like all his family other properties, the mansion had wards that protected against apparate from miles around.

This was obviously done so that his families enemies and opponent did appear whenever they wanted right before the front porch. This had the inverse effect of blocking them off from apparate out of here since the floor network was still not up and running. Clearly it was one of the many tasks Tobry had him lead out for him when he came back to the castle.

Hence this is why they had to look for a secluded area, miles of from the property to apparate out of here.

"We are already running late thanks to you sleeping late!"

Settling on not fixing his wrong assumption Harry did not say a word, but just followed behind the older wizard. If he knew what he was up to all last night and this morning, Harry did not know if he would be giving him a high five or a good scolding.

Turning to give the mansion one final look, Harry saw both Ram and Rem right outside the gates waving at him goodbye, okay correction it was only Rem, but still, he was happy to see that they took the time to see him off.

He knew that he would be seeing them at the castle as that was the first thing he ordered them to do. There was no way he was going to let them waste away at a home that he would rarely visit unless he was throwing a party or something along that line- those great Lords like him should.

If he is going to be piled with a whole bunch of work, he will need some way to relieve some stress, and who better than his two delightful little maids.

"So where to first?" Harry asked, wondering were they would be heading today.

"Well to be honest most of the remaining properties are not that time intensive to visit," Sirius answered. "We can finish checking them out by early this afternoon to be honest."

"That's good to hear," Harry nodded. To be honest, he was sort of getting tired checking up on each and every land that his family has. It was fun getting to learn more about what his house did, and his view on the wizarding world has been widened, but he needed a break to rest his legs and take it easy.

Finally they reached a tucked away spot, checking both ways to see that there were no muggles in sight, they disappeared from sight in an inaudible pop.

Suddenly they in a wide-open plain filled with lively trees and other green, the sun was beating down creating a nice pleasant glow. From a distance, he could make up a single structure.

"Alright, the Villa is right over there," Sirius called out, "let's hurry it along."

Nodding his head, Harry followed him as they trekked through the open land, suddenly he felt the soft vibration of the earth. Looking around at what was causing it, he heard it- the wild beating of countless hooves.

Then from off the direction of the sun, once Harry squinted his eyes the best he could, he could make out dozens upon dozens of creatures loping ahead.

Once they came nearer Harry could finally see that they were horses. They were not of simple bred, even if he was no expert one the creatures he could see how proud and muscular they were. They were all of a range of different heights, coloring, ages, and gender, but they all were very tall with the shortest being 5 feet tall and the tallest 7 feet.

Watching as they went by, Harry turned to look at his godfather and was about to ask until he mused out loud. "Ahh aren't they wonderful."

"Yea, I guess," Harry answered with a shrug, "but isn't my family's theme sort of Griffins?"