Chapter 5: Bloodline Affinities

If you guys want advance chapters check out my Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

-------------------------------------------

"Alright, that should be the last shot you need," Mrs. Tonks declared as she closed up the medical kit she brought with her. "Now, drink this up," she ordered as she poured Harry a flask of the potion she brewed.

Taking the offered potion, Harry copied Sirius's action and swallowed the azure-colored brew in one motion. As the liquid went down his throat Harry felt like vomiting it back up, the older wizard used the perfect comparison as the brew did taste like a wet old, smelly sock.

"Here, drink this one," Mrs. Tonks said as she put into his hand another potion.

"What is this one?" Harry asked as he gazed down at the green-colored brew.

"This one is a rejuvenation potion," the older witch answered, "it will give a bit of vitality which you desperately need." Then pointing towards the azure liquid, the mediwitch added, "and if you are wondering, this potion revs up your system and accelerates your natural healing."

"Okay, I get it, I need these potions, but do they have to be so nasty?" Harry asked in a desperate tone.

Sighing out loud, the older witch muttered under her breath, "Children," with a shake of her head, but nevertheless she took out a few ingredients and sprinkled them into the potions.

"Here," Mrs. Tonks said as she offered him a new bach, "I changed the taste."

This time gladly taking the potion, Harry drank it up in one gulp, and this time instead of having a disgusting after taste, the potion was that of a fresh picked strawberry flavor which went down a lot smoother.

"Wow, that is a lot more better," Harry announced as he turned to face the dishonored House Black woman.

"Well, I hope it was worth it dear since the potion lost 2% of its potency."

Harry didn't say anything, but in his books it was a worthy bargain indeed.

Packing up her belonging, the mediwitch uttered, "Now, make sure you take three portions of these brews for a month then I will put you on the same remedy as your godfather-- strengthening, fatting, and the rest of the other potions."

"Okay," Harry uttered as he nodded along with what the older witch stated.

"Good," Mrs. Tonks said as she slung her bag onto her shoulder, "tell your godfather I will be heading back, and if he needs anything he knows how to contact me."

"Alright, bye Mrs. Tonks and take care," Harry waved towards the woman as she walked into the fireplace.

"You too, dear," the older witch said nodded her head, "And please, call me Aunt Dromeda or Tonks, I would very much love that."

"Okay, Aunt Dromeda," Harry said with a grin as the older witch disappeared into the flames.

Watching as the flames settled down, Harry turned around and was about to head back to the library so that he could meet up with Sirius, but from the dark recess of the hall, his godfather slowly walked into the light.

"Is she gone?" the older wizard asked in a vigilant tone.

Nodding his head in acquiescence, Sirius let out a breath of relief then made his way into the kitchen. "So what are we going to be doing?" Harry asked once the man was seated on the table.

"If I recall correctly, weren't you the one who said you needed to be caught up on Ancient Runes and Arithmancy! Well, that is what we will be doing all summer; trying to cram as much knowledge into your noggin plus some other stuff I think will be of good use," Sirius added with a wink. "Also we can't forget the Mind Arts--you will need to study those two subjects in your own free time. If you have any questions, you can ask me, I am an adequate practitioner of the arts."