Chapter 120: School Champions Pt.2

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a vote, or leave a comment, and bookmarking it would mean the world to me!

Also you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping a small time author, thanks!

-------------------------------------

"Oh, hey Harry," Cedric greeted him as he entered the room, "What brings you here?" The other school champions also turned to look at him with curious expressions on their faces.

"Don't even get started with that?" Harry sighed as he glanced around the room.

He saw that the room he went into from the door out of the Great Hall and found himself was lined with paintings of witches and wizards. A fire was roaring in the fireplace opposite him. There was also some furniture laid out to take some seats on and refreshments were also brought out.

The faces in the portraits turned to look at him as he entered. He saw a wizened witch flit out of the frame of her picture and into the one next to it, which contained a wizard with a walrus mustache. The wizened witch started whispering in his ear. The other school champions were grouped around the fire to keep warm during this late autumn bringing with it its seeping chills.

Fleur Delacour looked around when Harry walked in and threw back her sheet of long, silvery hair.

"What is it?" she asked. "Do zey want us back in ze Hall?" She thought he had come to deliver a message. Harry didn't know how to explain what had just happened. He just stood there,

looking at the champion.

There was a sound of scurrying feet behind him, and Ludo Bagman entered the room. He took Harry by the arm and led him forward.

"Extraordinary!" he shouted as Harry could see the real life excitement on his face as he was the one who had his name come out of the Goblet of fire. "Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen ladies," he called addressing the other champions. "May I introduce to all of you — incredible as it may seem — the 12th Triwizard champion!"

There was a varying mix of expressions on everyone face as they took in the news, some looked surprised, others nonplussed, and a few even narrowed their eyes at him as they took him in.

Her royal highness, Catherine III, snorted as she tossed her hair and spoke up, "Oh, verrry funny, Mister Bagman, you must be a komedian herrre in the Magikal Isles."

"Ha, a joke?" Bagman repeated with a chuckle. "No, no, not at all, my dear! Harry's name really did just came out of the Goblet of Fire!"

"Evidently zair 'as been a mistake," Fleur frowned. " 'E cannot compete. zair can't be 12 champions seence zair isn't 12 school, zair is only 11."

"Well it is amazing," Bagman laughed out loud, rubbing his smooth chin and smiling down at Harry. "But, as you know, the age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as his name's come out of the goblet, I mean, I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage. It's down in the rules, you're obliged Harry and you will just have to make the best out of it."

Silence reigned throughout the whole room as everyone processed that, Harry had nothing to really say since he all but just gave up at this point.

"Now that is most perturbatory," James Turner spoke up as he stared at him with a piece of lens.

"So how did you do it?" Ali Abbassid smiled at him, obviously curious to know how he broke the rules.

"I didn't," Harry answer with a shrug.