Chapter 49: The Queen

Appearing outside of a large and grand palace, Harry gazed up at the royal residents, Buckingham Palace. The place was very massive, made up of white marble stone with intricate beautiful designs, an open rooftop on top, and a balcony right in the center of the first floor. The black steel gates blocking all entrances from inside, as the ground floor stretching for over 100 meters long with endless windows lining the first two floors.

Coming up to the main entrance gate with a gold R and a crown on top, two royal guards stood to attention with rifles in hand, and they were allowed entry without a word.

Coming into the courtyard were beautiful flowers were in blossom and a grand statue stood in the center, they came up to the inner gate were rows of royal guards stood surrounding the premise all as stiff as statues themselves.

Once again, they were allowed in without a valid check of identity or for weapons as the inner gate was opened broadly for them. Finally entering the palace as maids and butlers greeted them at the front door, they came up to a grand staircase with golden designs lining everything, a dome glass ceiling up above, red carpets laid out, and portraits lining all over the wall.

"If you would follow me," the wizard said as he led them down winding hallways with even more lavish artworks and sculptures. Finally, they came up to a large door with beautiful inlaid designs were two royal guards stood guarding it dutifully.

"Her majesty awaits you inside," the Chief Wizard said as he pointed towards the door.

Coming to a pause a few feets before the door, Sirius spoke up, "If you could give us a few moments."

"Of course," the man said with a nod.

Turning around to face him, Sirius put up a Muffliato Charm so that their conversation couldn't be over heard. "Alright listen up, pup," he began with, "I do not know what the Queen wants since the royal family hasn't really participated in the wizarding world for hundreds of years."

"Must be real important," Harry nodded his head, "or more likely she wants something from us."

"Yes, which worries me, but still be respectful to her- she is this country's ruler and we do owe some homage to her."

"Alright," Harry said with a nod od his head. Then walking over, he indicated with his head, "we are ready to meet the Queen.

Signal to the guard to open the door, they stepped into a white drawing room with a dash of gold thrown in as expensive decorations and priceless pieces littered the place. Two guards which now that he had a closer look at him with his Magic Sight, saw that they were in actuality wizards.

"Wands please," one of them spoke up as they both held out their hands.

"Ha," Sirius chuckled as he handed over his wand just like he did, but he just couldn't help as he aded. "If you think I can't take the lot of you on without my wand, then you boys are sorely mistaken."

Saying nothing in response, they passed by them and sitting in the middle of the room was an older woman in her late sixties sipping tea from a golden porcelain cup. Seeing them walk in, she smiled a bit and indicated to the chairs before her.

"Introducing her Grace, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth realms," the Chief Wizard announced out loud.

"We are happy to see you, our Chief Wizard found it quiet difficult to locate your position under all those wards."

"Yes, I have been living in a safe location," he said, not mentioning were that was exactly. "What do I owe this pleasure of being summoned before you, your Majesty?" he asked, cutting to the heart od thing and skipping all the pleasantries.