Chapter 103: Betrothal Contract

I have the website up and running. You can check it out right now. Really I am proud of this baby, did it all on my own, took only time and energy but it was penny free.

https://markwardfanfics.wordpress.com

-------------------------------------

Today was the day that Harry was going to meet Daphne's whole family to finally make that Betrothal Contract that the two of them agreed on.

"Would you like at that, are little baby is about to get engage," Sirius said from behind him as he made little baby noise.

Sighing Harry wondered why he brought him along or for that matter even told him anything. And that was exactly what he asked, "Why did I have to bring you along?"

"Because you need a chaperone, don't you," Sirius poked fun at him as Harry wanted so bad to wipe that obnoxious grin of his face.

"When are you going to get married?" Harry asked, turning the question on him. "You have been engaged to Amelia Bones for ages. Aren't you guys going to get on before you get old."

"HEY," Sirius shouted, looking offended, "I will have you know I am in the prime of my life. I still have time before I need to get married."

"Yeah, you tell yourself that old man," Harry said as this time it was him with the wide grin on his face. "You are in your forties, that is considered very old."

"Ow, why you little brat..." Sirius said as he grabbed him and put him in a head lock and soon was rubbing his knuckles against his skull.

"Alright, mercy, mercy," Harry laughed as he held his hands out.

"If you can stand still, my lord," Tobry said as he paused fitting him with his clothing and stared pointedly at him.

"Hey blame Sirius," Harry said as the older wizard let him go as he too got a long hard stare from Tobry.

Giving one final look, the house-elf got bak to fitting him out for his clothing that he would be wearing to the formal dinner he would be having with the Greengrass family.

"Alright, there you go, my lord," the house-elf said as he stepped back to stare at him, checking to see everything was in fine order.

Fixing his cufflinks, Harry stared at himself in the mirror across from him. "How do I look?" he asked Sirius as he angles his shoulders to the side, getting a better able to check himself out.

Holding a thumb up, the wizard answered, "Ready to wow everyone!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being invited to any family's ancestral home is a very high honor indeed. Only close allies and friends get that sort of treatment, as a family home is too important to allow strangers or enemies for that matter, to be allowed in.

The Greengrass Manor was located right across the North Atlantic Ocean, and swinging in the ocean depth Harry could catch the large green scally forms of some sort of serpentine creatures.

They were of course the family's creatures of House Greengrass, the Sea Serpents. They were massive predators of the seas known throughout history for wrecking ships and destroying coastal villages. Their bite was as deadly as any known poison in the world and they could spew out jets of green acidic water.

At the front gates to the Greengrass manor, they were greeted by a man servant who lead them inside. Handing their raincoats to the maid that stood at the door, Hary and Sirius both needed to cast warming charms on themselves to get ride of the wet sogginess they were feeling.