Chapter 31: Mirror Phone

[news]

We are so close to the second goal back on Patreon, let's try to reach it. TWO more subscribers and we will be getting a DOUBLE CHAPTER WEEK with six chapters being released. So let's end this month with a bang and a great Halloween and try to get those two more patreons.

Plus I got even better news, VOLUME 1 is complete, Hogwarts school year has begun, you can see all the chapters on Patreon right now!

[/news]

"So is he not going to join us?" Harry asked as they sat around an empty spot with a hot steaming tea in hand. Livia was polite enough to bring them up some drinks, but there were no snacks to be had since this place was down to the bare minimum.

The three of them stood off from the lead scientist who was too busy with his experiment to even notice us.

"No, do not even try," the witch said with a shake of her head, "you can never get my father's attention when he is like that."

"Wait," Hary said as he held out his hand, "you are saying that he is your father?" he asked as he looked between the both of them.

Livia was a woman with keen purple eyes, long flowing black hair, clear creamy skin, thin lips, high cheekbones, a straight nose, and sharp arched eyebrows. She also stood much taller than her father at 5 foot 11 inches, with long legs, a slender figure, a voluptuous button, and an ample bosom.

Her father, on the other hand, did have the same purple eyes as her but they were gleaming with inner madness, his hair was white like snow itself and a bird's nest, his skin was lined with age and a much paler shade. He had a long pointed nose, a round face, average height, and a scrawny figure.

"I know right," Sirius joked, "they look nothing alike."

"Yes, Frankie Newman is my father,"the woman sighed as if she got asked this plenty of times. "I am Livia Newman. If you are wondering, I take after my mother."

"Well," Harry said as he drew his attention to something else namely the mad scientist turn up the voltage on that disturbing creature. "I really do not know how I should feel like with two of my researchers experimenting on a living creature. It is living right?" Harry asked to the small group at large. The thing was moving around like a living being, but it was so horrific he wasn't sure if it counted as a living being.

"Experimentation on Elder Brain is Ministry approved, so there will be no legal issues, sir," the woman briskly responded with as she pulled up her glasses.

"So you are telling me that the Ministry actually approves of that kind of stuff," Harry inquired as he couldn't believe what his ears jut heard.

"Don't feel bad for it," Sirius amended as he patted him on the back. "The Illithids are an evil and sadistic race, they would have done the same and much, much more worse to any wizard that they could get their hands on."

Giving him a look that clearly said, 'Is that suppose to make me feel better?' Harry glanced at the creature once more and turned away. Out of sight, out of mind, that is his motto for now.

Still he could help but ask, "What is an Elder Brain? Are they like part of this evil Illithids race? How come I never seen them before?"

"Well sir," the witch said as respectfully as can, "the elder brain final stage of an Illithids life cycle. If you are wondering the Illithids are better known as Mind Flayers."

"Wait," Harry said as he recalled hearing that from somewhere, then snapping his finger in an aha moment, Harry exclaimed. "Isn't that from Dungeons and Dragons, you know those octopus face creatures."