Chapter 118: Aftermath

If you like what you see and what more, please drop a vote up above, or leave a comment, and bookmarking it would mean the world to me!

Also you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward Your support would go a long way in helping a small time author, thanks!

-------------------------------------

Taking another swig of his drink, Harry sighed and sat back in his chair. His mind was in turmoil with what went down tonight. A whole town filled with so much life and vitality gone just like that.

Shaking his head, Harry knew he couldn't dwell on this forever and stay miserable for something he couldn't stop or have any control over.

Still what was unacceptable and made matters worse was that Voldermort escaped, there was no sign of him even after they searched and searched. The bastard must have high tailed it out there after he dropped his calamitous spell, not turning back to look at the damage he wrought.

All they came up with from this operation was just a naked woman and a rat.

At that thought, Harry took out the wooden figurine of the rat he still had in his pocket and set it on his desk.

"Well Peter, anything you have to say for yourself?" Harry asked as he peered at the figurine.

Suddenly cracks started to run along the wooden figurine as it quickly begin to flack off and a living breathing rat came into view. Watching as the wooden shaving fell to the table, Harry was a bit saddened at the lost of the magic item.

It was an item he withdrew from his family vault, and it was basically a voodoo doll that African wizards and witches generally use or more like it was based off of one as the history of the item connotated.

He said it was based off voodoo dolls because the item traps a person inside, capturing them for you. He used the magical item to trap Peter and thanks to that he was able to save his life so he didn't become a total ruinous mess like everyone thought he did.

And he didn't do it from the kindness of his earth feeling bad for using him like that as bait. No, no, no, he wasn't that kind hearted to his enemies, far from it really you could say he was the complete opposite.

As the rat was freed, it did the first thing he expected it to do, it fled with its tail between it's — or maybe not since the traitor did lose it in the endless barrage of spellfire.

"Aa, ah, ahh," Harry said with a shake of his hand as he stunned the traitor right in his tracks with one paw ready to take another step.

"Already fleeing, huh?" Harry asked in a sad, disappointed tone as he telepathically spun the rat around to face him. "What happened to my thank you for rescuing you? You didn't want to go with these big scary Aurors, did you? They would have done so many unspeakable things to you," Harry shivered, messing with turncoat.

"Now," Harry said as he pushed the rat on the chair reserve for guests and pointed him wand at him. In a flash, Peter was back in to his form, Harry saw that he was littered with wounds as nasty whelps and weeping gashes covered his body, it seem like he didn't fully escape from the salvo of spells unscathed.

Smiling and playing it cool, Harry lean forward in his seat and tented his fingers together and uttered, "Why don't you return the favor by telling me everything that happened after our fated meeting during 3rd year?!"

Looking every where except him, the traitor muttered a few words under his breath which barely carried at all.

Eye narrowing and losing that false show of cordiality, Harry slammed a fist down on the table causing the coward to jump in fear and he shouted in a barely concealed tone of hate and fury, "SPEAK UP!"