Chapter 84: Hunting Pt.2

If you like what you see and what more please drop alike if you can, or leave a comment down below, and bookmarking it would mean the world to me, thanks!

Also you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

-------------------------------------

Getting off his Demigryph, Harry made his way over to the dead Manticore body. It was scar riddled as numerous blows marred its body, one of its legs was bent in an odd angle thanks to Martin sending a crippling blow to it and its balls were crushed into a red paste by the big man as well - it was after all what prevented the beast from trying to escape. There were stab wounds all over its hide as well as Riley littered it with thrusts from his spear, he could also small incision that cut at its weak points which had to be the work of Kate, and he could see its tail twitching on the floor thanks to Tia chopping it off with her axes.

"I must say," Ser Myles announced, "you have some very fine men and women! Though I can't say the same for mine," he uttered as he looked at the soldiers he brought who had the decency of looking ashamed with themselves.

"Well they are the best of the best," Harry answered as he looked at the giant creature's head which his men set before him.

"I must thank you, my lord for handling this beast for my house, we owe you a great debt that can never be repaid," the man declared loudly.

"Thank you Ser, but our job is still not done. This beast must have a lair somewhere around here, we need to destroy it and make sure no other creature decides to move in."

"How will we go about doing that, it has been already difficult bringing it out into the open. I am not sure I know how to track down its lair."

"No need to worry," Harry said, "I know the perfect spell for this situation."

Bring his wand out, Harry flicked it about as he muttered something under his breath, suddenly the very blood inside the creature's body begin to drain out and hang in the air. Finishing the spell, nothing was left of the corpse except for a dried up husk with bones hanging off decaying muscles.

Then the blood started pointing in a direction which had to be this thing's lair, "It seem like it is a success" Harry called out.

"W-what is that spell?" Ser Myles asked a bit aghast.

"A blood tracking spell," Harry answered as he hopped on to his mount. The spell he used was one he picked up from the Black family grimoire, his family magic was good and all, but it lent more to the physical. However the Black family dealt with Dark Magic; curses, hexes, jinxes, and so forth. Thanks to having that in his magic resume he had a lot more options in his spell repertoire and could broaden his options.

"Let's go," Harry ordered to everyone as they rode out and begin to follow the trail of blood in the air leading to the unknown.

Going up long winding paths, soon they had to leave the dirt road as the trail of blood lead deeper into the forest. Avoiding branches and leaves the best they could they soon reached the limit of Ser Myles Wizardland and came up to a cave entrance covered in vines and leaves that lead deeper underground. The blood trail stopped here, so that could mean only one thing.

"So this is where the beast had been hiding?" Ser Myles spoke up, rhetorically.

"I believe so," Harry answered as he hopped off the Demigryph back. Tying up the wingless griffin to a tree trunk, he decided it was best to leave it out here instead of leading it inside. Demigryph weren't underground creatures, they are more likely to trip on the treacherous rock formations and break a leg in the pitch darkness up head.