Chapter 92: Hogwarts Heir

Back to the story at hand!

------------------------------------

There was a certain buzz about the hallways, classrooms, and even the Great Hall, the arrival of the other schools was just right around the corner. Without a doubt, everyone was excited to see the foreigners within their familiar school walls!

Harry wouldn't deny that even he was excited; he had met plenty of people that hailed from other magical countries like the Parvati Patil and Padma Patil, Blaise Zabini, Professor Aurora Sinistra, Choo Chang, Sue Li, and so forth. However, more than anything they were either born or grew up here and took up the mannerisms and tradition of the British Isles.

He was at the World Cup, but he never immersed himself in other cultures and got to know people that grew up somewhere besides Magical Great Britain.

Besides the light reading he had done over the summer over the 11 most prestigious schools, Harry also took to more comprehensive mostly at the behest of Hermoine, who just wouldn't let him down. Now besides wanting to get racy with him when the urge strikes her up, she also was his ever present baby sitter.

Really if the sex wasn't there on the board, he might have gotten frustrated with her and snapped. But he had to admit her nagging was what brought the best out of him at times and made him strive for stuff he would never have. That was Hermoine for you.

Besides the ever present excitement and eagerness that held the school in a tight grip, something else bothered Harry.

Ever since he had came back to Hogwarts for his fourth year he had been hearing whispers directed at him. At first, he chucked it up to his imagination, but it kept on persisting and persisting. No matter where he was in the school grounds he would suddenly be assaulted by a wave of some background noise.

Once he saw that it was not his imagination, he thought he was going mad.

You would be surprised with how many wizards and witches go mad, it just is a staple of the life style. It is more common in powerful wizards, some theorize its all the magic they have bottle up in their body that does it.

Harry had a whole bunch of magic in him, a lot, lot more than his schoolmates, and even adults. He really was approaching the level of Sirius and beyond.

At such a young age having that much magic might have been the thing that finally snapped him.

However when he left Hogwarts on the weekends to head off to his family Manor take care of his lordly duties the whispers abated. It was like he was imagining it all like he first thought.

Then when he came back to school it was back like a switch was turned on.

It was obvious when you connected two to two together what was the root of the issue, or more accurately, the place - Hogwarts.

He was after all the heir of three out of the four founders, he imagined nobody as close to this school and the legacies of the founders which it held ever walked these halls.

He did not know what or how, but this place or something inside of it was speaking to him, and Harry did not know how he knew, but he was sure it was the former.

Still that did not matter, voices were speaking to him, and he knew that was not the basis of a healthy life. He did not want to know what or who was trying to communicating with him, he just wanted it to stop.

As it continued he thought about taking a long leave, it was the only thing really that could hold his sanity.

Even though the idea paned him, he knew he had to get out. Still Hogwarts was always a second home for him, a time to get away from his abusive relatives and learn about magic. Something any child would be fascinated with, and would just kill to do.